Girls State Tourney Pairings (Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

5 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Do you mean a week from the boy's playing their last game or a week from the end of the girl's tourney? Yes. 9-10 days for. Sectional to stay quarters is an eternity. The Bradley game started almost an hour later than later yesterday because for double ot game right before. You see what having 4 days off did to th for shooting? They played normal Bradley ball Friday and Saturday just let up on the aggr ession on defense

Maybe have single a play on Tuesday double on Wednesday and triple on Thursday. Then semis finals on Friday Saturday and Sunday then finals on. On, tues, Wednesday. Have Boys and girls same class same day. Making th e boys wait over a week between games is just crazy. 

I saw this in your last post but I don't see the TSSAA putting Sunday's into play for the tourney. Maybe they need to take 1 day off the rest period after the Sectional games. They really only have up to 3 days rest anyhow so they could cut that rest gap to 2 days instead & start the tourney a day earlier than usual.

I know this time of the season the teams are fatigued/tired so maybe the TSSAAA wouldn't think a 2 day rest period would be enough between the Sectionals & staring the state tourney. Other than this though I don't know what would be a better idea to make sure it's fair to ALL teams playing in the state tourney. 

They coulf have the same class on same day instead of giving some teams extra day off.  So thursday for single a quarters, friday for double a quarters, Saturday  for triple a quarters on rotating basis for each class, Monday single semis, Tuesday double and wednesday triple, then championships in Thursday Friday Saturday. Gives every team same number of days off. Have boys during same time period but at Vanderbilt and alternate sites, Vanderbilt one year then mtsu the next etc. Or have east, middle, then West college having state to avoid giving teams that live within stones throw (district 7) from having essentially home court every year. Bradley and Houston playing at much is fine because thgat was east vs west but Riverdale has essentially been the home team every year. Th ats where the alternate location helps. Example if it woulkdve been riverdale and Houston in finale then have championship at Thompson coming, Riverdale and Bradley finale would be at say Memphis university. Or do best of three with each rep having home game and then 3rd game at neutral site within decent driving distance for fans, family,  etc, and middle location between the 2 schools. Like today's game with Houston and Bradley is fine at might had it been Riverdale and Bradley have it somewhere like in Cookeville at Tennessee tech. . I wanted to be at the Bradley game this week cause I knew this team was special but couldnt. They use libscomb univetsity for the division 2 games so why couldnt they for the division 1. If they keep the current format they could do both university and still do 8 games, 4 boys 4 girls on same day for quarters. Or even with the just 6 games have every class play on Wednesday just at both colleges then use thursfasy as off day or start on Thursday with no off day. Then do boys same way week later. Doing both boys and girls on dame day would save gas for everyone, especially when a school has both boys and girls in tourney

22 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

They coulf have the same class on same day instead of giving some teams extra day off.  So thursday for single a quarters, friday for double a quarters, Saturday  for triple a quarters on rotating basis for each class, Monday single semis, Tuesday double and wednesday triple, then championships in Thursday Friday Saturday. Gives every team same number of days off. Have boys during same time period but at Vanderbilt and alternate sites, Vanderbilt one year then mtsu the next etc. Or have east, middle, then West college having state to avoid giving teams that live within stones throw (district 7) from having essentially home court every year. Bradley and Houston playing at much is fine because thgat was east vs west but Riverdale has essentially been the home team every year. Th ats where the alternate location helps. Example if it woulkdve been riverdale and Houston in finale then have championship at Thompson coming, Riverdale and Bradley finale would be at say Memphis university. Or do best of three with each rep having home game and then 3rd game at neutral site within decent driving distance for fans, family,  etc, and middle location between the 2 schools. Like today's game with Houston and Bradley is fine at might had it been Riverdale and Bradley have it somewhere like in Cookeville at Tennessee tech. . I wanted to be at the Bradley game this week cause I knew this team was special but couldnt. They use libscomb univetsity for the division 2 games so why couldnt they for the division 1. If they keep the current format they could do both university and still do 8 games, 4 boys 4 girls on same day for quarters. Or even with the just 6 games have every class play on Wednesday just at both colleges then use thursfasy as off day or start on Thursday with no off day. Then do boys same way week later. Doing both boys and girls on dame day would save gas for everyone, especially when a school has both boys and girls in tourney

The bold above is my biggest problem other than the 1 1/2 hour gap between games. The way the TSSAA schedules the tournament games now one classification has 2 games (4 teams) that get that extra day off before playing their quarterfinal game. That right there alone right off the bat for the quarterfinals isn't fair to ALL teams involved.

You're right! I think they should play ALL of the same classification on one day instead of mixing up the games between classes each day in the quarterfinals. They already alternate the classes each season @ the state tourney as to when they play in the quarterfinals. I'm OK with these alternate classes playing each season but do this with only one class (A, AA or AAA) playing ALL of their quarterfinal games on the same day.  

As far as having the game played @ 2 different sites I'm not in agreement with that. Lipscomb University is not even in the same city/area as MTSU. There's no way they can have the tournament setup this way. Murfreesboro (MTSU) & Nashville (Lipscomb) isn't exactly within rock throwing distance. LOL!

Edited by tonybologna