Tennessee USA Wrestling FREESTYLE GRECO Schedule

BMBowers

Tennessee USA Wrestling

2019 Tournament Season

-          **Apr 6             TNUSA Best of the Best Duals                     Cane Ridge HS, TN

-          Apr 6-7              Senior Men’s Freestyle World Cup              Iowa City, IA

-          **Apr 13           Bluff City Brawl FS/GR Tourney                Bartlett HS, TN

-          **Apr 20           IRONMAN Folk, Free, Greco Champ.         Blackman HS, TN

-          Apr 25-27        US OPEN                                                            Las Vegas

-          Apr 25-27         UWW Junior National Championships         Las Vegas

-          **Apr 27           3rd Annual Keller Classic                              Bradley HS, TN

-          **May 4             TNUSA Freestyle Greco STATE Champ.   Summit HS, TN

-          May 10-12        Woman’s UWW Cadet Junior World Team Trials  Irving, TX

-          May 17-18        UWW Junior Freestyle World Team Trials

Central Regional Championships                 Rochester, MN

-          May 18               Beach and Belt National Champ.                 Carolina Beach, NC

-          **May 24-26    Southeast Regional  Championships         Wilmington, NC

-          May 30-Jun 2  UWW Cadet and U23 World Team Trials       Akron, OH

-          June 6-7            UWW Junior Greco World Team Trials         Indianapolis, IN

-          June 11-15      Schoolboy Duals                                                Indianapolis, IN

-          June 18-22      Junior Duals                                                       Tulsa, OK

-          June 27-30      Kids National Free Greco Champ.                 Wisconsin Dells, WI

-          July 12-19       Fargo National Championships                      Fargo, ND

**TNUSA EVENTS** -----Tennessee USA Wrestling ----

Any Questions Please Contact a Member of the Board

Ben Bowers                  Chairman                   574-215-8586 [email protected]

Doug Badon                 Vice Chairman          423-335-3045          

Jerry Teaster                East Dir.                      865-599-3468

Pete Miller                    Middle South Dir.    423-595-3878

David Isbell                   Middle North Dir.    719-494-6685

James Torres                South Dir.                 862-686-9292

Nelson Shirley             West Dir                    901-827-2445

Garrett House             Membership Dir      901-289-3795

Michael Scott              Woman’s Dir            615-920-1201

Approved by board and Edited 9/29/2018 BMB

Qualifications For Athletes:

SE Regionals- Attend TNUSA Wrestling State

Kids FS and GR National Championships- Attend TNUSA State

Cadet and Junior Nationals FARGO- Attend TNUSA State and ANY Regionals

Any Questions Please Contact Ben Bowers TN USA Wrestling Chairman 574-215-8586 [email protected]

TNUSAWRESTLING.COM

Link to online Schedule:  https://www.tnusawrestling.com/page/show/946559-home

Edited by BMBowers

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Pretty sure its $300, I think thats what I heard it was last year. Pretty reasonable, numbers seemed to be higher last year, and our better kids were going.

That is correct it was $300 last year. There are several rumors that it will be in the $1400 range this year. Not sure what you get for $1100 more dollars. I would think that the numbers will greatly decline if that is the cost this year.

Let's all be honest and say that $300.00 per wrestler is not enough and $1100.00 or $1500.00 is very much on "IT JUST COST TOO MUCH" side of things.  It really depends on what is provided:

1.  Is there a 5 day training camp that provides instruction, room & board, etc...

2.  Charter bus or flights to Fargo, ND

3.  Type of uniform package

4.  Room & Board in Fargo

5.  Is TN Wrestling Federation paying for the coaches to attend the tournament

These are all questions that must be ask 

8 hours ago, cbg said:

Let's all be honest and say that $300.00 per wrestler is not enough and $1100.00 or $1500.00 is very much on "IT JUST COST TOO MUCH" side of things.  It really depends on what is provided:

1.  Is there a 5 day training camp that provides instruction, room & board, etc...

2.  Charter bus or flights to Fargo, ND

3.  Type of uniform package

4.  Room & Board in Fargo

5.  Is TN Wrestling Federation paying for the coaches to attend the tournament

These are all questions that must be ask 

1. Who is running said training camp? Is it going to be in Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga?

2. Not likely as it will most likely be on your own.

3. Singlets, Shorts, T-shirt maybe a bag. $200 tops and does it get bid out or does someone profit from that also. Valid question!

4. What if you dont want to stay in the dorms and have other arrangements. Do I still have to pay the full amount?

5. So they took extra money last year for coaches meals. Might want to ask those coaches if they received any of that money. I have spoken to several of them and no one seems to know what that money was spent on at this point. Zero transparency 

I agree that $300 is not enough but we have 56 spots and we will not fill half of them. I bet at $1500 we don’t fill 10 of them. The referee situation is terrible. Hard to teach kids what to expect from officials when you don’t use actual officials. 

1 hour ago, ccman1 said:

Do we know yet if these tournaments will offer a separate girls division? I know a few did last year and with the continued growth was hoping that all would this year. Looking forward to a great FS&GR season!

My question too. We plan to go to the Ironman and would be great for my girls to wrestle all 3 styles. 

• Like 1