2018-19 TSSAA Boy's State Tournament Teams(Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

4 hours ago, chill said:

Sevier County has played zone the entire season. 

That's not 100% true. The 2 games (@ Cocke County early in the season & vs Tenn. High in R1-AAA Quarterfinal) that I seen them play in person this season they played both zone & man-to-man. My guess would be one of the games they played zone 3/4 of the game (Tenn. High). The other game (@ Cocke County) it was less zone but still ~1/2 the game. They also employed a half court trap at times in both games.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, dannyq said:

What is Sevier County looking like this year? How do they match up with the Haven?

The matchup with Whitehaven will be very tough physically but Sevier County is very well coached. Ken Wright is one of the very best coaches in TN high school basketball, IMO. For those who don’t know his background- he coached at Augusta Westside HS in Georgia for several years in the 1990’s and in fact led them to a state title as well as an Arby’s Classic title over George Pitts & Science Hill in their heyday.  Two of his former players at Westside later faced off as starters in an NCAA championship game between Duke & UConn- William Avery (Duke) & Ricky Moore ( UConn). 

Coach Wright obviously doesn’t have the talent at Sevier County that he had at Westside but he always coaches them up and gets his teams to play to their maximum potential. 

Edited by Norman Dale
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, B52bomber3 said:

That district is the toughest in tenn in AA

Well I'm not to sure about that but we shall see. District 4 is good every year and the memphis district is good year in and year out. These two districts played for the championship last year and have a good chance this year. I'm predicting a Fulton vs Wooddale Champiomship game.