2018-19 TSSAA Boy's State Tournament Teams(Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

You're right, we don't have a clue. But, I wasn't the one who declared that Bearden would win by 8 points. That was you. All I could do is look at schedules to compare and contrast against common opponents. They seem pretty close in accomplishments to me. 

Doesn't matter if your opinion "jives" with mine. I was just asking about the insight that you seem to have that makes you feel confident enough in Bearden's ability to beat Whathaven that it prompted you to declare Bearden to be an 8-point victor in tomorrows game. That's all.

Me ... I think Whitehaven has everything they need to win tomorrow. I think they have the talent. I think they have the depth. I think they have the right mind set. I think they have the coaching. I HOPE they win tomorrow. I will be dissapointed if they don't. However, bearden is a really good, well coached team. 

You, on the other hand have already declared Bearden to be an 8-point victor.

We will see tomorrow.

Lol! I haven't declared Bearden an 8 point victor. Just giving my opinion that I think they will win by 8. Could win by 1 or lose by 8. Who knows??? They still have to play the game. 

13 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I thought choir that did the National Anthem before the games started today was pretty exciting. :)  

i am a little biased though.... love my students. Any posters hear us today?  KWC??

Sorry BPM ... didn't hear it.

20 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Lol! I haven't declared Bearden an 8 point victor. Just giving my opinion that I think they will win by 8. Could win by 1 or lose by 8. Who knows??? They still have to play the game. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... :roflol:

You do know that those are contradicting statements ... right? That is by definition ... an oxymoron.

But ... I digress ...

SMH ... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The game will be exciting tomorrow to say the least!

Edited by kwc

Bearden has a great team. Whitehaven is great also. 2 kids on Whitehaven team have UT offers.  Ever since I have kept up with the TSSAA Boys Basketball Tournament Memphis team have dominated.  Memphis has some of the best High School Basketball in the Country.  I just wish UT could get some of those studs from Memphis. 

34 minutes ago, kwc said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ... :roflol:

You do know that those are contrdicting statements ... right? That is by definition ... an oxymoron.

But ... I digress ...

SMH ... LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The game will be exciting tomorrow to say the least!

Lol! You can take it however you like. I have watched to many basketball games to know I can't always be right. Lol! Foul trouble, turnovers, and a bad shooting night can change any game, one way or the other. Should be a great game with two very good teams. 

Edited by Springbrookrat

20 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Bearden has a great team. Whitehaven is great also. 2 kids on Whitehaven team have UT offers.  Ever since I have kept up with the TSSAA Boys Basketball Tournament Memphis team have dominated.  Memphis has some of the best High School Basketball in the Country.  I just wish UT could get some of those studs from Memphis. 

That is correct.. Coach Barnes has offered two players on Whitehaven's team. The first would be Jordan Wilmore ... the 7'-2" center. He's a junior, but he will be out of eligibility after this season. Next year, he will be in a prep school somewhere. His story is ... different. I will say this though ... when he and his mother decided to move down to Memphis and they decided that he would play at Whitehaven ... well, I persoanlly think that was the best move he could have made. I can't think of another coach who could of have him develop and grow in confidence and knowledge of the game like he has done under coach Phillips tutalage. The second would be Mathew Murrell, the 6'-3" combo guard. Last year Matt missed these games due to an injury, even though he was the best player on the team back then as a sophomore. Matt's currently a 4-star recruit by 247, but I don't expect that to remain the case. This time next year, he will probably be a 5-star. He will be the best player on the floor tomorrow. I don't know if UT get's either ... but coach Barnes has already put the offers on the table.

Edited by kwc

Well ... Manassas couldn't get it done. Good season guys.

Oh well, that means tomorrow will be my Memphis games smorgasbord starting with Wooddale vs Brainerd at 11:30 AM. Followed by Whitehaven vs Bearden at 1:15 PM and then East vs Brentwood at 2:45 PM.  I'll be here.

4 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

I think they have a better nucleus of talent than Whithaven.  

Since our little discussion you got me curious. So, I went and pulled the stats from the games just to compare. Sooooooo .... after the Bearden starting 5 ... then what?

3 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

Maybe, I meant match-up problem for Bearden. You and I don't have a clue how the game is going to turn out tomorrow. Just trying to give my opinion. Sorry If doesn't jive with your opinion. I've only missed one State Championship game so far (Brentwood). Whitehaven could very much win tomorrow but I think Bearden gets to the Championship game. 

Bearden played without their best player at least half the year. 

Sorry to chime in late, but drew is not the best player on Bearden. I can’t believe you said that! He is big help and has been doing well 100% healthier but he’s not the best. Ques, Trent, and than pember