2018-19 TSSAA Boy's State Tournament Teams(Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

2 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Bearden has a great team. Whitehaven is great also. 2 kids on Whitehaven team have UT offers.  Ever since I have kept up with the TSSAA Boys Basketball Tournament Memphis team have dominated.  Memphis has some of the best High School Basketball in the Country.  I just wish UT could get some of those studs from Memphis. 

RR, I wish UT could get some more Memphis HS players also but I don’t see it happening. I think Hardaway will get whoever he wants out of Memphis. But Barnes & Vols will be fine with or without Memphis players. 

21 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

RR, I wish UT could get some more Memphis HS players also but I don’t see it happening. I think Hardaway will get whoever he wants out of Memphis. But Barnes & Vols will be fine with or without Memphis players. 

You're right Penny will get 99.9% of kids over TN. He might lose Memphis kids to somewhere else but it won't be to TN. The issue for Murrell is going to be that he more than likely won't play with Wiseman. 

16 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

You're right Penny will get 99.9% of kids over TN. He might lose Memphis kids to somewhere else but it won't be to TN. The issue for Murrell is going to be that he more than likely won't play with Wiseman. 

It’s not just unlikely- unless Murrell is re-classifying to 2019, he WON’T be playing with Wiseman at Memphis since Wiseman is 1 and done without question.

I hope Murrell has an open mind for other schools besides Memphis and realizes that UT really needs guards in the 2020 class. Vols are in on some big time 2020 guards, including Murrell. The development of Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, Jordan Bone, and Jordan Bowden from 3 star HS recruits to bonafide NBA prospects under Coach Barnes and his staff should speak volumes to recruits who want to maximize their potential. 

24 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

It’s not just unlikely- unless Murrell is re-classifying to 2019, he WON’T be playing with Wiseman at Memphis since Wiseman is 1 and done without question.

I hope Murrell has an open mind for other schools besides Memphis and realizes that UT really needs guards in the 2020 class. Vols are in on some big time 2020 guards, including Murrell. The development of Grant Williams, Admiral Schofield, Jordan Bone, and Jordan Bowden from 3 star HS recruits to bonafide NBA prospects under Coach Barnes and his staff should speak volumes to recruits who want to maximize their potential. 

I haven't heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me if Murrell reclassifies.

It's gonna be real hard to pull a Memphis kid away from Penny. There are two times I can think of that Memphis kids picked TN over Memphis: Tony Harris, I think we all know about that situation. Dane Bradshaw, from my understanding Calipari didn't want him. 

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

I haven't heard anything but it wouldn't surprise me if Murrell reclassifies.

It's gonna be real hard to pull a Memphis kid away from Penny. There are two times I can think of that Memphis kids picked TN over Memphis: Tony Harris, I think we all know about that situation. Dane Bradshaw, from my understanding Calipari didn't want him. 

Unless something drastic happens, he's going to be a Tiger. Jason and John had daddy on the local sports radio talk show not too long ago and he even said that it would be VERY hard to get Matt out of Memphis. Matt was the very 1st of the class of 2020 that Penny offered. Penny had only been on the job for a day when he offered Matt. He wasted no time.

Edited by kwc

12 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

The two best players in Memphis, are from Nashville and Baltimore. Big Jordan has an offer from the VOLS. It's an easier trip down I-81 to Knoxville for family.

Jordan Wilmore isnt even top 10 in memphis lol. I love watching the kid's game grow but i can name you 10 other players right now that coaches would pick over jordan he's so raw and needs another year plus a redshirt year. Dont let the UT love get to you. The city goes Wiseman-1, Lawson Murrell 2A/2B. 

And as far as Matthew goes he will not reclassify, it will not happen. And it isn't a given that he will be a Tiger. His dad is a long time tiger fan and the family bleeds blue, but he will not let that dictate Matthews path. If you ever get the chance to talk to him he would tell you its all about fit but ultimately its Matthew's decision on where he is going. 

I know this is a highschool thread but Memphis will be 13 deep with guys who all can play in 2020 when its Matt's time. As of now there will only be 2 spots open due to draft/graduation. And as far as this year's class go, the reclass candidate i would bet will be Kyree Walker. Whom in my opinion isn't Murrell at all, the ranking may be higher but you are not getting the same kind of player and one is a much better fit for that 2020 roster. I think memphis will end up with a duo of Watford, Quionnes, Walker, and Achiuwa in addition to this class, which will mean addition by depature of others. 

Murrell will surge the boards after the summer, check my history of posts I called it the entire time and he will be top 50 in the end. He's not in a hurry to get to college and/or play with Wiseman. Phillips is family to him and its basically like Jeremiah Martin again 5 years later but more talent, i dont see him leaving. I would love to see him stay but I dont think its cut and drawn as much as many think.