2018-19 TSSAA Boy's State Tournament Teams(Class A-AAA)

tonybologna

4 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

I was only surprised by the early margin.   I don’t see East winning either. Bearden by 10 in the Championship. 

I agree might be more, East does not have good guard play whenever Wiseman is one on one the ball should go inside not shooting wild three’s! Bearden guards are going to have a field day on east!

I watched the East vs Brentwood game and the Bearden vs Whitehaven game on replays.  East isn't the same team with Dandridge being hurt and Lawson transferring away.  Wiseman is a monster.  The big center for Whitehaven could be really good if he comes to UT. Rick Barnes and his staff are great at player development.  Brentwood is a scrappy team. 

As a Maryville fan who has watched Bearden the last few years.  I think they can win the State Title. Ques Glover is a stud point guard. He is Jordan Bone like. Trent Stephney is good . Drew Pember is so versatile.  Roman Robinson is a darn good shooter.  Shamarcus Brown is very good inside but will find the going tough against Wiseman.  Can't wait to see Bearden vs East.

Not surprising that Fulton is playing for another State Title.  I think Jody Wright is one of the best coaches in Tennessee.  Fulton won't have near the talent Woodale has. Fulton is very scrappy. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2019 at 10:23 AM, Springbrookrat said:

I'll take Bearden and Memphis East in the AAA title game. 

You hit the right picks for the Class AAA title game but Bearden beating Memphis East so easily was surprising to me. I picked Bearden to win in the "Big Ones" contest from the site but I would have never predicted for them to handle ME so easily.

20 hours ago, tonybologna said:

You hit the right picks for the Class AAA title game but Bearden beating Memphis East so easily was surprising to me. I picked Bearden to win in the "Big Ones" contest from the site but I would have never predicted for them to handle ME so easily.

I seen Bearden play 3 times this year and was very impressed. Bearden just had a real good mixture of talent in their starting 5. I went 20 for 21 in the state tournament in the big ones contest. 

Edited by Springbrookrat

13 hours ago, Springbrookrat said:

I seen Bearden play 3 times this year and was very impressed. Bearden just had a real good mixture of talent in their starting 5. I went 20 for 21 in the state tournament in the big ones contest. 

I seen them play all of their games in the Arby's Classic. When they won that tourney & done it without Pember playing except for some of the Championship Game I knew this team would make the state tourney. I didn't know for sure they would win it but I knew they had a good chance in doing so.