McKenzie Vs University School

VOLnWTN

2 hours ago, THE KING said:

Uh  is located within the etsu campus in Johnson city.  They have a history of producing good pt guards and 3pt shooters.  This team is not the strongest our district has sent down there but i don't see them being an easy out

By looking at their scores, I put together they could shoot. They had some high scoring games.  Going to be a challenge regardless of who you play now.

I couldn't find a roster on them.  How are they height wise?

3 hours ago, volsandtitans1 said:

By looking at their scores, I put together they could shoot. They had some high scoring games.  Going to be a challenge regardless of who you play now.

I couldn't find a roster on them.  How are they height wise?

They don't have any real big men, but they are fast

• Like 1

I live in the Region/District area for University High. I have seen them play 3 times total this season. Twice in person & once online on demand via NFHS Network. I will say that I'm a little surprised they made it all the way to the state tourney. Having said that, they were picked to win their conference before the season started. They do have experience & also a very good head coach as well in Penley. They really don't have a star player. They have about 4 good players & the rest are role/support players. 

I have also watched McKenzie play from NFHS Network 1 time as well. They beat whoever they played the game I watched but can't remember who they played. I think McKenzie is the better team & a pretty clear favorite. I would expect for McKenzie to win by possibly double-digits but you just never know in these state tourney games. I certainly don't see or expect for this game to come down to the end unless all 4 of the key players for UH are having really good games.

Edited by tonybologna

1 minute ago, tonybologna said:

I live in the Region/District area for University High. I have seen them play 3 times total this season. Twice in person & once online on demand via NFHS Network. I will say that I'm s little surprised they made it all the way to the state tourney. Having said that, they were picked to win their conference before the season started. They do have experience & also a very good head coach as well in Penley. They really don't have a star player. They have about 4 good players & the rest are role/support players. 

I have also watched McKenzie play from NFHS Network 1 time as well. They beat whoever they played the game I watched but can't remember who they played. I think McKenzie is the better team & a pretty clear favorite. I would expect for McKenzie to win by possibly double-digits but you just never know in these state tourney games. I certainly don't see or expect for this game to come down the end unless all 4 of the key players for UH are having really good games.

Thanks for the feedback.   And I agree.  You never know who will or won't show up when you get to this time of the year.  It's a new season!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volsandtitans1 said:

Thanks for the feedback.   And I agree.  You never know who will or won't show up when you get to this time of the year.  It's a new season!

You're welcome. Good Luck to your team but since I root for local teams I have to be a fan of University High in this one. I did pick McKenzie though in the "Big Ones" contest here on the boards & also in Jim's bracketology pick 'ems as well. LOL!

• Like 1

Watched some flim on UH today. This team will look very similar to the Summertown team that we faced in the region semis. Everyone on the floor can knock down the 3 and they are very patient on the offensive end. We are have to stay disciplined on the defensive end, close out on shooters, and not pick up ticky tack fouls. I think McKenzie has the advantage because we have athletic guards and a big man in the middle that not many teams can guard. Rebels should win by 5 to 10 points.

If you don’t think Meredith for UH is a star player you’re badly mistaken..he’s the best guard in the Eastern time zone in Single A..I agree the guys around him are pretty good but he stands out way above his teammates..deadly shooter who makes stuff happen all over the flooor..they don’t have the size or athleticism to make a deep run but it’s not because they don’t have a star player 

10 hours ago, CosbyTradition said:

If you don’t think Meredith for UH is a star player you’re badly mistaken..he’s the best guard in the Eastern time zone in Single A..I agree the guys around him are pretty good but he stands out way above his teammates..deadly shooter who makes stuff happen all over the flooor..they don’t have the size or athleticism to make a deep run but it’s not because they don’t have a star player 

Exactly! This kid is a smooth lefty who cracked the 1000 point club midway through his sophomore season this year. You don't do that by being average. He knows how to get to the rim and use his body to draw fouls and finish. When he is on from outside you better be in his face. He is probably the best defensive player in the region as well. The whole team gets in your face on defense. When the point guard is driving and kicking out to shooters this is a different ball team. Don't let their size fool you, they box out and can jump. A bigger team will not intimidate them at all, they seem to relish it. If Mckenzie focuses on Meredith too much they have other players that will beat you. Their best athlete comes off the bench. Anybody that overlooks UH or Cosby will be in trouble quick if they're hitting.