Humboldt vs Fayetteville

JungleJim125

6 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

. I did watch Humboldt play Columbia Academy last year and they can handle the ball and shoot. Going to be interesting, but I like Humboldt's chances because they are winning and not playing their A game.

Funny how their defense only got better when 20 left the game. If they play CA, rebounding is going to be the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Funny how their defense only got better when 20 left the game. If they play CA, rebounding is going to be the difference.

LOL, are you serious???? Number 20 got a lot of easy lay ups (12 points in 1st quarter) and wasn't the best player on team. So, you telling me #20 would have been able to beat the press please except the fact that Humboldt turned the defense up & wore Fayetteville players down? I guess Humboldt gets no credit for coming back from 15 & winning by 12, REALLY!  

5 hours ago, 87vikingalumni said:

LOL, are you serious???? Number 20 got a lot of easy lay ups (12 points in 1st quarter) and wasn't the best player on team. So, you telling me #20 would have been able to beat the press please except the fact that Humboldt turned the defense up & wore Fayetteville players down? I guess Humboldt gets no credit for coming back from 15 & winning by 12, REALLY!  

He is absolutely correct! Think about this, #20 was their primary ball handler and a leader of that team. I would guess that over half of those turnovers wouldn't have occurred. Also #5, I believe, from Humbolt wouldn't of been left that wide open with him on the court. You take someone of that caliber off the floor it makes everyone play positions they aren't used to and do things that they haven't done before. NO DOUBT they would of secured a win with him on the floor!

• Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 5:11 PM, ecu said:

Fayetteville has more than two players. One is  a D-1 and the other is good enough to play somewhere. #3 would be a star on most teams but you only have one ball. Other guys are very good role players. Will be surprised if they don't play well.

Thank you Racer1. Are you a MSU racerfan?

20's injury may changed the way Fayetteville handled Humboldt's pressure D but doesn't' explain how they got 36 more possessions than Humboldt via  rebounds and TO's and lost by double digits. According to one poster Fayetteville was more than one guy. 

Edited by bottomwriter
left out some information