2018-19 TSSAA Mr Basketball Award Winners

tonybologna

2 hours ago, ucdiditagain said:

Congrats to Trenton kid.  Humboldt kid  to much of a showboat.  

You think Anthony Jones showboating type of play hurt him in voting? I mean look at the kids stats. They were remarkable. Harris had solid stats too just like all of these Finalists but it's not only stats that factor into these Awards. It's the players as great students in the classroom & character as well.

Now, Anthony Jones character off the court would have to be solid or he wouldn't have been a Finalists. However, he showboats on the court with his play. Maybe voters might not have liked that about him & therefore he could have received less votes because of it.

11 hours ago, tonybologna said:

You think Anthony Jones showboating type of play hurt him in voting? I mean look at the kids stats. They were remarkable. Harris had solid stats too just like all of these Finalists but it's not only stats that factor into these Awards. It's the players as great students in the classroom & character as well.

Now, Anthony Jones character off the court would have to be solid or he wouldn't have been a Finalists. However, he showboats on the court with his play. Maybe voters might not have liked that about him & therefore he could have received less votes because of it.

No that is not why Jones did not win MR Basketball. The reason is they don not like Humboldt that is a fact he did not showboat anyway he may have got a little emotional at times but that is the way he plays alot of kids play that way.  Congrats to Mr Harris he is a good player!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JungleJim125 said:

No that is not why Jones did not win MR Basketball. The reason is they don not like Humboldt that is a fact he did not showboat anyway he may have got a little emotional at times but that is the way he plays alot of kids play that way.  Congrats to Mr Harris he is a good player!

Well, I watched 2 games online of Humboldt this season. Both games I seen them play he did showboat. I know what showboating is & he not only showboated but also taunted players in each game with looks/stares & you could see his mouth running.

That would probably fall more into the category of trash talking with the mouth running. Having said that about him, his stats were just incredible. Looking at his individual stats compared to the other 2 Finalists alone Jones clearly had the best overall season (stat-wise) of the 3 Finalists.  

Edited by tonybologna