Cadet and Junior Nationals Wrestler Qualifications and Details for Fargo

BMBowers

Cadet and Junior Nationals in Fargo July 12-19, 2019

TN USA Wrestling Qualifications

1. All Wrestlers Must attend TN USA State (PER USA Wrestling)

2. All Wrestlers Must attend a Regional Tournament

3. A Waiver can be applied for if above Qualifications can not be meet. 

Waivers will be considered with these Guidelines and Verifiable by a Member of the Board

1. Medical 

2. School Event

3. Religious Event

4. Personal or Family Emergency

All Waivers will be considered and Voted on by the Board. For Items except for Person/Family emergencies, Wavier Forms Completed Correctly must be submitted by April 27, 2019 to BMBowers@AOL.com

TN USA Costs for Fargo

All Wrestlers will attend Camp and Fargo as a Team. Camp will be July 8-11, 2019

Paperwork for the Team must be Submitted by June 28, 2019

Cost for Fargo is $1500.00

This includes

-Camp

-Gear

-Food

-Lodging

-Travel

-Coaching

-Entry to Tournament

Any Questions please contact Ben Bowers TNUSA Chairman BMBowers@aol.com or Nelson Shirley West Region Director Nelson.Shirley@memphistr.org.  

3 hours ago, BMBowers said:

Cadet and Junior Nationals in Fargo July 12-19, 2019

TN USA Wrestling Qualifications

1. All Wrestlers Must attend TN USA State (PER USA Wrestling)

2. All Wrestlers Must attend a Regional Tournament

3. A Waiver can be applied for if above Qualifications can not be meet. 

Waivers will be considered with these Guidelines and Verifiable by a Member of the Board

1. Medical 

2. School Event

3. Religious Event

4. Personal or Family Emergency

All Waivers will be considered and Voted on by the Board. For Items except for Person/Family emergencies, Wavier Forms Completed Correctly must be submitted by April 27, 2019 to BMBowers@AOL.com

TN USA Costs for Fargo

All Wrestlers will attend Camp and Fargo as a Team. Camp will be July 8-11, 2019

Paperwork for the Team must be Submitted by June 28, 2019

Cost for Fargo is $1500.00

This includes

-Camp

-Gear

-Food

-Lodging

-Travel

-Coaching

-Entry to Tournament

Any Questions please contact Ben Bowers TNUSA Chairman BMBowers@aol.com or Nelson Shirley West Region Director Nelson.Shirley@memphistr.org.  

$1500 for a kid to chase their dream. I don’t recall it ever being this high. I hope no one is profiting off of this. 

Edited by NotSurprised

5 hours ago, NotSurprised said:

$1500 for a kid to chase their dream. I don’t recall it ever being this high. I hope no one is profiting off of this. 

$1500 and zero transparency. Guess I will start submitting my questions to the leadership of USA wrestling. There is absolutely no way that the cost can be justified if it was $300 last year. I don’t mind an increase but 400% more is ridiculous. Just eliminated 75% of the kids from attending. I think Forest Gump said it best “Stupid is as Stupid does”. I used to think no state wrestling organization could be more screwed up than Alabama’s. Tennessee just said hold my beer!!!  Unbelievable!

So is Bowers paying $3,000 for his kids? Who exactly are the coaches going to be? I got questions and they are not going to stop until there is some transparency.

So is it $1500 for Kids Nationals and Fargo Girls as well. I mean why screw just one age group when you can screw them all.

2 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

What did you expect from Barney the fat purple dinosaur? Too bad he wasn't around Knoxville last weekend...

hahaha you really going to call someone fat that's kind of childish not to mention the fact your not in the best of shape yourself bud. One man calling another a fat purple dinosaur though probably shouldn't be molding the minds of our future men. 

Edited by Thethunda190
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Thethunda190 said:

hahaha you really going to call someone fat that's kind of childish not to mention the fact your not in the best of shape yourself bud. One man calling another a fat purple dinosaur though probably shouldn't be molding the minds of our future men. 

Better than most my age.

You guys can get mad at him for the insult all you want, and I’m not necessarily disagreeing. The insults should stay off the message boards. However, I do believe they are justified. $1500 to wrestle in a tournament is insane. The majority of our wrestling families will not be able to afford that. On top of that you’re forcing them to compete at 2 other tournaments before you even allow them the opportunity to compete at Fargo. One of those tournaments being in Georgia requiring a weekend in a hotel. Now you are looking at over $2000 just to wrestle at Fargo. This is just plain wrong. The #1 goal should be growing wrestling in TN, and getting as many of our top kids there as possible. We had some impressive results last year, and had the opportunity to expand on that this year. Charging this much money is not helping to achieve this goal. How can you justify this? How is this the best move for our state? I’m just dumbfounded over this decision. I’ve always thought Bowers took more heat than deserved in past years, but I can’t defend this. I believe it may be time for new leadership with our state’s best interest in mind. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JIII said:

So is Bowers paying $3,000 for his kids? Who exactly are the coaches going to be? I got questions and they are not going to stop until there is some transparency.

So is it $1500 for Kids Nationals and Fargo Girls as well. I mean why screw just one age group when you can screw them all.

Very valid questions!  I have been one of Bowers largest critics but I do feel that if someone is going to find faults with a plan they must present sound solutions.  Without a "SUGARDADDY" paying for a portion of the trip what should it cost to attend the USA Junior/Cadet Nationals in Fargo, ND and what should someone expect to receive?  I know that Ohio has a training camp, uniform package, transportation, lodging, etc...