Cadet and Junior Nationals Wrestler Qualifications and Details for Fargo

BMBowers

2 hours ago, PurpleWrestler said:

What do you not get. I don’t care on how you feel. That is your right. I also said I don’t agree with him on everything. I just had an issue with your one statement. How you feel is your business. But demeaning someone on a public forum when I haven’t seen one personal post from him is wrong. That’s all. 

Just now reading this..and I’ve read through this several times.. correct me if I’m wrong   purplewrestler but all fooseball said was that he would not trust any kid to travel with Bowers based off the stiries he has heard.    I agree with fooseball and I don’t see how that is personally demeaning to Bowers at all.  I think you took his comment to mean something much more Insidious than what fooseball actually meant. 

There has been a multitude of stories of kids on Bowers run trips being very unsupervised and kids being housed in very unsafe and unclean environments.  Just ask any of the kids or parents about where Bowers had them stay last year for Junior Duals.  

Bowers has a pattern of cutting corners at the cost of the safety and well being of the kids to save money. There is a running joke with the kids that go on Bowers trips and the size of the cockroach army’s they will have to face. 

Plus, Bowers has a really hard time getting the volunteers that are needed to supervise the kids so there are stories of kids being very unsupervised on these trips since he alienates most everyone who he needs to volunteer. 

Also, nobody and I mean NOBODY trust Bowers with handling money so nobody wants to donate to TWA and parents question every dollar they give him.  Coaches were promised lunches last year at Fargo because Bowers raise the price last year on all the kids for the very specific reason to help feed the coaches but not a single lunch or any food was provided for the coaches by Bowers. 

Last year’s Fargo trip even though Bowers has tried to claim it was a cluster mess and total disaster was not only the most successful Fargo preformance ever by TN but also after we surveyed the kids and parents that went and the parents that didn’t the most successful, safe and greatest wrestling trip that all of them went on according to them.   Even coaches that have been going with TN for decades said it was by far the best most unified TN contingent that we’ve ever taken to Fargo and we did that inspite of Bowers and having to fight Bowers the entire time.  

Now after all that success we had last year, Bowers wants to change our very successful Fargo operations model so that we give him total control of the trip when he has clearly shown he is not capable of running safe and successful trips. 

• Like 2

What a joke, it seems that between all the put downs and baseless accusations, all you can come up with an issue that happened 2 years ago. It is silly how people can hide behind a keyboard and use the word STATE as if they know what the state wants.

Why is this post about a person, not how to help off set costs for Fargo?

Why is a 2 year old issue a problem, if it was an issue at all, an issue now? If it is the only real issue people have with him, being that is the only real issue constantly brought up, than it is petty. It happened or it didn't, seems most people of the state have moved on. Grow up and let bygones be bygones, turn the other check, do the right thing help grow wrestle. Seems the leadership of wrestling are trying to ask to people help them with actual achievable solutions to real problems. 

Lets unity under the olive branch of understanding and help find ways to improve wrestling in our state, I'll help raise money to reduce cost for Fargo.

7 minutes ago, durdon said:

Just now reading this..and I’ve read through this several times.. correct me if I’m wrong   purplewrestler but all fooseball said was that he would not trust any kid to travel with Bowers based off the stiries he has heard.    I agree with fooseball and I don’t see how that is personally demeaning to Bowers at all.  I think you took his comment to mean something much more Insidious than what fooseball actually meant. 

There has been a multitude of stories of kids on Bowers run trips being very unsupervised and kids being housed in very unsafe and unclean environments.  Just ask any of the kids or parents about where Bowers had them stay last year for Junior Duals.  

Bowers has a pattern of cutting corners at the cost of the safety and well being of the kids to save money. There is a running joke with the kids that go on Bowers trips and the size of the cockroach army’s they will have to face. 

Plus, Bowers has a really hard time getting the volunteers that are needed to supervise the kids so there are stories of kids being very unsupervised on these trips since he alienates most everyone who he needs to volunteer. 

Also, nobody and I mean NOBODY trust Bowers with handling money so nobody wants to donate to TWA and parents question every dollar they give him.  Coaches were promised lunches last year at Fargo because Bowers raise the price last year on all the kids for the very specific reason to help feed the coaches but not a single lunch or any food was provided for the coaches by Bowers. 

Last year’s Fargo trip even though Bowers has tried to claim it was a cluster mess and total disaster was not only the most successful Fargo preformance ever by TN but also after we surveyed the kids and parents that went and the parents that didn’t the most successful, safe and greatest wrestling trip that all of them went on according to them.   Even coaches that have been going with TN for decades said it was by far the best most unified TN contingent that we’ve ever taken to Fargo and we did that inspite of Bowers and having to fight Bowers the entire time.  

Now after all that success we had last year, Bowers wants to change our very successful Fargo operations model so that we give him total control of the trip when he has clearly shown he is not capable of running safe and successful trips. 

Couldn’t have said it any better Scott.

4 hours ago, SilverKittyFox said:

What a joke, it seems that between all the put downs and baseless accusations, all you can come up with an issue that happened 2 years ago. It is silly how people can hide behind a keyboard and use the word STATE as if they know what the state wants.

Why is a 2 year old issue a problem, if it was an issue at all, an issue now? If it is the only real issue people have with him, being that is the only real issue constantly brought up, than it is petty. It happened or it didn't, seems most people of the state have moved on. Grow up and let bygones be bygones, turn the other check, do the right thing help grow wrestle. Seems the leadership of wrestling are trying to ask to people help them with actual achievable solutions to real problems. 

Lets unity under the olive branch of understanding and help find ways to improve wrestling in our state, I'll help raise money to reduce cost for Fargo.

People keep saying to give solutions, and some have been thrown out there if you can navigate through all posts about Bowers. Like BQ said, treat it like any other national tournament. Let the kids pay their entry, and then everything else is the parent’s responsibility to take care of their child the way that’s best for them. It’s been posted that just last year the price was significantly less than the $1500 being asked for this year. I didn’t see everyone in an uproar over last year’s price. Maybe the simplest solution is just to copy what worked in the past. No need for change if you have something in place that works. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SilverKittyFox said:

Silverkitty - There is just not that single problem from 2 years ago.  There has been a multitude of safety issues with Bowers from just last year. 

There are numerous other ones like one of our top kids last year being forced to take a cab from the very Unsafe Junior Duals training site last year to the bus station in Memphis then taking a bus by himself back to Middle TN after Bowers lied to him and his family that Bowers was going to cover his cost for Junior Duals trip and then when this wrestler got to Memphis, Bowers demanded money from him and then forced him to leave.  Bowers actions put that young kid in very unsafe environment. This is one of the many reasons why the wrestling congregation has lost faith in Bowers ability to run trips and to manage the safety of our kids. 

Edited by durdon

7 hours ago, SilverKittyFox said:

Well, Ben Bowers, because the person we are all complaining about IS the problem here. He is the one who decided the price for Fargo. He is the one that nobody trusts with money. He is the one putting kids and parents in awful situations. HE/YOU are the problem.

Also, how is nobody discussing he made everybody sign Non Disclosure Agreements for KIDS WRESTLING. If that isn't a huge, massive, nuclear red flag then I don't know what is.

8 hours ago, durdon said:

Ok, so I called myself being done with this thread, but you brought me back in (but only one last time  (haha)

So you entire post here is exactly why I said this should not be discussed on a public forum. Because yes, I took the statement deeply, and maybe it was wrong, you explanation helps that some. But, my point here is that anyone can take anything in "writing" any multiple directions, depending on their viewpoint and mood at the time. Also, maybe of us, and I am one that is really guilty of this, will often not TYPE all the details to something, that they might TALK about if the discussion were in person or over the phone. So that often leads to people perceiving someone one way that might be different that the originator's intent.

So I propose this. If everyone is that upset about things, call an "emergency" OPEN meeting and hash things out. Surely this can be worked out to a point that people can either be happy or at least live with. I know for one, I will not pay $1,500 for my son to go to Fargo. Won't happen. It's a terrible investment in my opinion. My brother is an AD at a Big 10 school, and since then I have learned a ton on how colleges view things. YES, Fargo is huge for them, but it's not the only thing. So if the money can't be changed, I and I know several others won't be paying it. BUT, let me go back to the point I was trying to make.

Call a meeting, several of you know board members personally and can make this happen. Get together and figure out something that everyone can live with. But for the better of TN wresting, do not discuss this on a public forum (especially where other people can read what is being said), and let's handle this like adults.

purplewrestler he is forcing members of the board to sign DNA's and trying to get them voted off the board if they dont comply. you think he is going to allow any board member to get their way and have an "open meeting". he has just enough people on the board (like yourself) that dont know his true colors yet and are allowing him to control what is going on.

1 hour ago, woodywoodpecker said:

I havent seen one person on this board (willing to put their name behind it) that is willing to back the guy and say that he is doing and good job and will do a good job in the future.

Not true.. While I don't agree with everything the man does he does have a lot of traits that are useful for a chairman. I think, and i have told him this face to face, if he wasn't so controlling and let the people put around him do more he actually wouldn't be doing that bad. 

The Junior team has had success the past couple years, we have had multiple Fargo AA's, I think the sportsmanship award a couple times at the duals and all this while a man, who apparently everyone hates, is the chairman. I think this could all be solved if just a couple guys would sack up an apologize to each other. So all though i don't always agree with Bowers I do believe if him and a couple other people would get there #### together Tennessee would take people by storm this summer