Cadet and Junior Nationals Wrestler Qualifications and Details for Fargo

BMBowers

10 minutes ago, JIII said:

That NDA came about cause they alleged something happened and there were exactly zero witnesses other than our leadership who has zero credibility. It got him and the other board members a nice letter from an attorney prior to this years meeting. If you don’t believe me just ask a board member. You can wrap it in a nice bow if you want too around protecting kids but that is just smoke. 

I did ask a board member, and that is what I was told. So ok, next?

38 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

I did ask a board member, and that is what I was told. So ok, next?

Come on sir do you really think the coaches in question would put kids at risk. All are among the most respected in the state. Furthermore if it was witnessed as alleged then our leadership should have intervened immediately. None of which happened on either side I suspect as I was not there. Stop acting like our leadership takes the moral high ground. That is simply not the case which I have seen first hand on more than one occasion. 

No screen name necessary Purple Wrestler.

James Bradford

Edited by JIII
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JIII said:

Come on sir do you really think the coaches in question would put kids at risk. All are among the most respected in the state. Furthermore if it was witnessed as alleged then our leadership should have intervened immediately. None of which happened on either side I suspect as I was not there. Stop acting like our leadership takes the moral high ground. That is simply not the case which I have seen first hand on more than one occasion. 

No screen name necessary Purple Wrestler.

James Bradford

What coaches are in question. I was simply stating one of the reasons I was told that an NDA was in place. I never said anyone did anything wrong. Just responding to the one question on why there is one. 

3 minutes ago, PurpleWrestler said:

What coaches are in question. I was simply stating one of the reasons I was told that an NDA was in place. I never said anyone did anything wrong. Just responding to the one question on why there is one. 

No coaches are in question now sir. They can wrap this in whatever reasoning they would like for everyone to believe but there are exactly zero trade secrets requiring an NDA within a wrestling board. The fact that they have sold it as necessary is unbelievable.

11 hours ago, JIII said:

That NDA came about cause they alleged something happened and there were exactly zero witnesses other than our leadership who has zero credibility. It got him and the other board members a nice letter from an attorney prior to this years meeting. If you don’t believe me just ask a board member. You can wrap it in a nice bow if you want too around protecting kids but that is just smoke. 

Did the TN Wrestling Federation not have an attorney with wrestling connections agree to sit on the board but they were informed that their services were not wanted?

6 minutes ago, taketop said:

They did

Anyone that sits on a Board of Directors without Board Liability Insurance and legal representation on the board is a fool.  Why risk everything that you have ever worked for only to lose it due to a prolonged legal trial that you have to pay for out of your personal pocket.  

2 hours ago, cbg said:

Anyone that sits on a Board of Directors without Board Liability Insurance and legal representation on the board is a fool.  Why risk everything that you have ever worked for only to lose it due to a prolonged legal trial that you have to pay for out of your personal pocket.  

Which is why Georgia doesnt have to have theirs' sign a NDA, of course they have pretty good leadership. Of course if my youngest kept wrestling I would prob have traveled the extra 30 mins to let him wrestle out of Georgia instead, because they seem to have their crap together from elementary-high school kids when wrestling AAU and USA wrestling.  It really shouldn't be all that difficult, seems that people just make it really difficult.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

GA is able to do so much because they are Controlled by USA. 

Their folkstyle is run by Team GA, not AAU. They dominate the state, where here in AAU has made all the money and run Kids programs.

Cost for Fargo is expensive, but other states like Ga, require them to attend team camp. 

Kids can referee and get their price offset here in Tn just like they do in Ga.

1 hour ago, PUMMELKING said:

GA is able to do so much because they are Controlled by USA. 

Their folkstyle is run by Team GA, not AAU. They dominate the state, where here in AAU has made all the money and run Kids programs.

Cost for Fargo is expensive, but other states like Ga, require them to attend team camp. 

Kids can referee and get their price offset here in Tn just like they do in Ga.

Big difference between TN and Ga is we only had 9 kids that went to Fargo last year and did both style.   9 Freaken kids!!! Nine!!!  

Ga had close to 50 so it makes sense that they have a team camp and they charge more.   Until we can get our numbers up, this  talk of raising cost to take coaches to Fargo that nobody has ever heard of is just plain outrageous. 

And,  at least Ga gives the kkds that can’t afford their $950 the opportunity to earn off ALL OF THEIR FARGO COST!  

Maybe we should have our current AAU BOARD take control of our floundering USA STATE organization that’s failing miserably and really turn this sinking ship around! 

Edited by durdon

Ga can send that many because its supported by the State.

They don't  compete with AAU. Take out all the AAU tournaments and if they were run or sanctioned by USA  you could have more numbers here.

I have been in both states and seen things run better n also worse.

I am not on the board, but if you have all the Reasons why do you not run for State Chair.

You want AAU to take over, what do they have to offer the advancement  of Wrestling for Coaches, Athletes or Officials beyond HS, Nothing. 

No International support, so the kids that happen to make International teams are all USA.

3 hours ago, PUMMELKING said:

Ga can send that many because its supported by the State.

They don't  compete with AAU. Take out all the AAU tournaments and if they were run or sanctioned by USA  you could have more numbers here.

I have been in both states and seen things run better n also worse.

I am not on the board, but if you have all the Reasons why do you not run for State Chair.

You want AAU to take over, what do they have to offer the advancement  of Wrestling for Coaches, Athletes or Officials beyond HS, Nothing. 

No International support, so the kids that happen to make International teams are all USA.

In a perfect world, our current AAU LEADERSHIP would be running their organization under the USA banner and not under AAU, since USA has become so dominate over the past 8 years nationally at the high school level and beyond across the country.  

But, they aren’t and guess what no matter who is running TNUSA you are never going to be able to compete with TNAAU in this state.  TNAAU has put a decade of volunteerism and unselfish work INTO  building up one of the strongest best run kid wrestling organizations in the US and they are getting stronger every single year.  No matter who takes over TNUSA, they are NEVER going to be able to complete with TNAAU  in this state. Those guys have built up to much goodwill and relationships with every club and high school coach in the state and they are working to hard to evolve themselves every year for organization to come in and compete with them.  

The current TN travel elementary and middle school teams, that I helped start and run  would have gone away when the kids of main people that were running the teams moved on to high school had the TNAAU not stepped in and gotten involved with both teams.   TNAAU is now paying for the coaches to go with and paying all the entry fees to all the major kids and middle national duals so that our TN el and MS travel teams are getting stronger every year and will survive even as core parents of main kids each year move onto HS.

The first year, I took a TN team to Mcdonough duals back 2015, not only did we not win a single dual and finished 32 out of 32 teams we got mauled.  We opened with the scorpions and they beat us like 72-6 with only match we won was Flicker at heavy. Every other match we got pinned or teched.  The next match against Malvern was just as bad as the only matches we won was Garrett Bowers and Logan Whiteside.  

This year had TN been able to put all of our TN kids that are competed for minions and other national travel teams on our TNAAU Hydrasport team, that team would have been a Gold pool team at Mcdonogh.  The level of Middle school and EL wrestling in TN has dramatically improved that much over the last 5 years that our best Middle school kids can compete with best kid across the country including the PA, Nj, Ohio elite level kids.  

TNAAU is the organization that is solely responsible for raising the quality of wrestling in Tennessee.  They are the ones investing, building and improving wrestling at the youth and middle school level here in TN.  

The current group of seniors is one of the best that TN high school has ever produced.  This year we are putting more kids into D1 than we currently have in D1. And, if you Project the  numbers over the next 4 years we are going to produce more every single year on top of this year’s numbers.  

All of these current HS kids that will end up wrestling at D1 schools that haven’t moved in from other states are a product  of the TNAAU machine they have built.  

So while you can wish for our Youth organization to be a USA organization, it’s just not going to happen.  Like it or not they are our youth organization in TN and nothing is going to change that.  TNAAU has built too powerful of an organization and they are simply too good at what they are doing..