Cadet and Junior Nationals Wrestler Qualifications and Details for Fargo

BMBowers

16 hours ago, JIII said:

So the word is that there is a meeting of the tribunal/board this week because a member broke the NDA. Not everyone can be a sheep as there are some outstanding members on the board. How many more quality people have to be sacrificed due to the leadership that is currently in place? How long are people going to stand by and let it happen. USA wrestlings response was pretty simple to my questions. If we don’t like was is happening vote for change in September.

Board of directors, or board of directed? A non-disclosure agreement for kids wrestling... This gets more laughable by the day.

• Like 2

First time poster. No dog in the fight. Here’s my thoughts, I don’t even know total number of days but when you start putting amounts to what’s included, you can see how the figure can get to $1500.  Maybe some are more, maybe some less and maybe some amount goes back to the club and it should.  Until you’ve volunteered your time (basically a full time second job) for a youth non profit, it’s understandable to not be clear what it takes.  How much would it take you to feed, house, and fly or drive your kid to Fargo?  Then you can pay for your coaches certification and pass to coach your kid.  Lastly, I see where there are two emails if there are more questions.  Has anyone tried those options?

This includes

-Camp $200

-Gear $100

-Food $100

-Lodging $500

-Travel $400

-Coaching $100

-Entry to Tournament $100

Any Questions please contact Ben Bowers TNUSA Chairman [email protected] or Nelson Shirley West Region Director [email protected].  

18 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

First time poster. No dog in the fight.

Any Questions please contact Ben Bowers TNUSA Chairman [email protected] or Nelson Shirley West Region Director [email protected].  

Says first time poster and then signs off with "if you have any questions please contact Ben Bowers" and gives his contact info. Come on Bowers, this is just getting sad now.

• Like 1

Just like all other national tournaments parents and kids find their way and should not have to opt in to all the other options that just inflate cost.  I understand a cost for clothing and entry fees but if you will provide for yourself/kid why should you have to pay anything else.  If you as a parent are supplying the transportation,  food and hotel accommodations why would you need to pay these portions of the estimated cost as those items/cost should not be charged.  Camps- if you are going to Fargo and you havent been training with some of the best in the state by the best coaches you may need to rethink going.  We all know who to seek for training in TN whether your in Nashville or Chattanooga (not sure for Memphis or Knoxville).  Also these kids are 15 to 18 years old, why am I giving money to someone to then pay out an allowance daily.  How about I give the money to my son and he pays for his meals- just like 100% of the other national tournaments we enter every year.  I am excited to see the final plan when completed.   It's not that hard!!  Just another national tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BQ125 said:

Just like all other national tournaments parents and kids find their way and should not have to opt in to all the other options that just inflate cost.  I understand a cost for clothing and entry fees but if you will provide for yourself/kid why should you have to pay anything else.  If you as a parent are supplying the transportation,  food and hotel accommodations why would you need to pay these portions of the estimated cost as those items/cost should not be charged.  Camps- if you are going to Fargo and you havent been training with some of the best in the state by the best coaches you may need to rethink going.  We all know who to seek for training in TN whether your in Nashville or Chattanooga (not sure for Memphis or Knoxville).  Also these kids are 15 to 18 years old, why am I giving money to someone to then pay out an allowance daily.  How about I give the money to my son and he pays for his meals- just like 100% of the other national tournaments we enter every year.  I am excited to see the final plan when completed.   It's not that hard!!  Just another national tournament. 

Exactly! There should NOT be a flat rate. The customers should have the choice to purchase what they want. If the parent doesn’t want to pay for their kid to go a camp, they should not have to. What if they only want to compete in one style? The price should be lower than a kid doing both styles. Why should a parent have to pay for lodging and travel if the parent is going as well? The kid can ride and stay with their parents to save money. I agree completely with what you said. This should be treated like any other national tournament. Just like any other business, you have to listen to your customers or you’ll be out of business. We’re already seeing alternatives pop up like the tournament Bosken posted. Overpricing of a product will lead to someone finding a better alternative.

7 hours ago, Biffmar4 said:

. . . . Then you can pay for your coaches certification and pass to coach your kid.  Lastly, I see where there are two emails if there are more questions.  Has anyone tried those options?

This includes . . . 

I'm sorry, but to those who are making fun of this post, did you even read the post in its entirety? You might have missed the end of the post, where it says something about having found two emails for questions, and then the writer copied and pasted the information to be easily accessible. 

I agree that the cost should be customizable depending on the needs for your child. And of course, if there is a concern with who is around your child, then there should be accomodations for that too.

26 minutes ago, TNRasslin said:

I'm sorry, but to those who are making fun of this post, did you even read the post in its entirety? You might have missed the end of the post, where it says something about having found two emails for questions, and then the writer copied and pasted the information to be easily accessible. 

I agree that the cost should be customizable depending on the needs for your child. And of course, if there is a concern with who is around your child, then there should be accomodations for that too.

Stop making new accounts to defend yourself bowers. We all know its you.

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Letting your kid travel thousands of miles away in the hands of Bowers is a no go from what I’ve been told from several parents. I wouldnt trust Bowers as far a I could throw him. This is why Boskin is making a backup plans

Ok I’m ok with the argument about the cost of the trip. I have had the same one myself, but to say this about Bowers is crossing the line. Totally over the line. You should be ashamed of yourself. All this because you had an issue with him a couple years ago over a weigh in? This is so wrong. He is in charge of kids all season and if anything he is too responsible. And those of you that know his boys, know they are great kids. And they were raised by him. So you are just spewing pure hatred that went way too far this time.