Westview vs Marshall County

sportslover88

6 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Westview by double digits.  

Agree, we (Summertown) have played both and I  think Westview is just to much for Marshall co.    Big props to coach David Steely tho on getting MC girls basketball back to state.  Great job coach

Edited by Not1toFwith

28 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

After seeing these two play in first round....Predictions? Who do you have Friday and by how many?

Thought Westview played great tempo tonight and had a great rhythm offensively. Yancey made the money shot late and played good D on Weikel late. Gadlen played well too. I got Westview by double digits and looks to be a real tough out. They have done a 180 since Christmas.

Based upon the observation I witnessed today, Westview didn't play that great on offense today but even on their "off" day their defense was on point. Marshall County will have to have a major offensive output to stay with them against their defense based upon the scores reported on CoachT for them.

And I agree with Pioneer42, Westview's offensive scheme is completely different than when we played them and I don't see how they changed it in the middle of the season and made it work so much better. Those quick guards are slashing and attacking the basket, instead of sitting outside and shooting up 3s. Should be a good game, but I got WV by 10. 

27 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

If I am the Marshall Co coach and you told me my team would hold Martin Westview to 46 in the state semis, I would feel pretty good about my chances at playing for a gold ball. No shame in the Lady Tigers effort. Good luck in the finals, MW

Westview has only been averaging like 50 points a game so holding them to 46 is an advantage for them