Gibson County v. Summertown (2019- Quarterfinal matchup)

SuperFan14A

15 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

I’m gonna say based on the first matchup GC wins by double digits.  GC defense turned summertown over a ton in the first game I believe and GC didn’t shoot well but still won by 13 or so.   We will see what happens.   I’m going GC 51-41

Both teams shot the ball poorly. GC was 2 for 16 from the three point line. First game was a defensive war. We will have to play well. It was early in year and Summertown has improved. I have the utmost respect for their program. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Both teams shot the ball poorly. GC was 2 for 16 from the three point line. First game was a defensive war. We will have to play well. It was early in year and Summertown has improved. I have the utmost respect for their program. 

Oh me too. I expect it to be a tough one. I just feel GC is the better team.  Could be wrong.  Summertown will not make it easy! 

I am pulling for Summertown but I have only seen them play one game this year and it was substate against Richland. Their offense struggled terribly in the first half but their defense was great. The defense continued in the 2nd half and they started turning defense into offense. They are by far the best defensive team Summertown has had in a long time. I didn’t see a lot in terms of offense other than not turning the ball over they just couldn’t make a shot.

What is GC like? I saw someone say they was a great defensive team too.

Edited by Jek12345

7 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

The winner will be one game closer to a beat down by the jackets