Gibson County v. Summertown (2019- Quarterfinal matchup)

SuperFan14A

1 hour ago, cofo said:

beat down by the Jackets??....kinda cocky isn't it?...do it and then brag...seems like GC did a possum stomp on the Jacks earlier this year.... 

Possum stomp?  It was a 5 point victory when Edie Darby was out due to a stress fracture.  I’m not even sure that guy is a Greenfield fan, but either way, that was an ignorant statement from that guy.  We need to focus on beating a good Loretto team before we start talking about beating anyone in the championship game.

18 minutes ago, BABABA said:

I’ll take that award, very intelligent and mature response,  with a lot of basketball knowledge, but still doesn’t change the fact Summertown isn’t very good! Hahahahahaha

Anybody who says they have a lot of basketball knowledge was clearly just a water boy his whole life .......

losing to a potential state champ with 4 soph and 1 freshman doesn't make u a bad team idiot...... it just makes u not the best..........

idiot.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What made you think the refs were bad? I didn't think GC fouled. GC attacked the basket and Summertown didn't. You think the refs need to even fouls up just to please the fans? I don't. If you don't foul, it doesn't get called. If you foul it gets called. Not trying to be ugly but I didn't see a bad officiated game.

They were bad for both teams tonight...  and 2 of those guys were pretty bad in prior games to that. 

1 minute ago, Not1toFwith said:

Anybody who says they have a lot of basketball knowledge was clearly just a water boy his whole life .......

losing to a potential state champ with 4 soph and 1 freshman doesn't make u a bad team idiot...... it just makes u not the best..........

idiot.......

Summertown is a tough team. I am very surprised at the score. Thought our defense played outstanding. Summertown will be back every year for a while.

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What made you think the refs were bad? I didn't think GC fouled. GC attacked the basket and Summertown didn't. You think the refs need to even fouls up just to please the fans? I don't. If you don't foul, it doesn't get called. If you foul it gets called. Not trying to be ugly but I didn't see a bad officiated game.

Dk if ur calling out me or GC but the refs were bad but as I said, no excuses.   GC is better and made adjustments and boatraced us from the 3rd qtr on.  

28 foul shots to 8 especially when GC pressed entire game is hard to stomach. Good luck in Ship Pioneers.  Better team won tonight 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

They were bad for both teams tonight...  and 2 of those guys were pretty bad in prior games to that. 

The technical was a bad call, IMO. I didn't see that. One guy called a jump ball which I thought it was and one of them called a tech. Thought that was a terrible call. I thought GC attacked the basket and som times they called it and some times they didn't. I was very shocked at how much trouble Summertown had handling our pressure.

3 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Dk if ur calling out me or GC but the refs were bad but as I said, no excuses.   GC is better and made adjustments and boatraced us from the 3rd qtr on.  

28 foul shots to 8 especially when GC pressed entire game is hard to stomach. Good luck in Ship Pioneers.  Better team won tonight 

Was talking to GC Pioneer. The tech was a terrible call. Should have been Summertown ball on alternating possession.

Just now, pioneer42 said:

The technical was a bad call, IMO. I didn't see that. One guy called a jump ball which I thought it was and one of them called a tech. Thought that was a terrible call. I thought GC attacked the basket and som times they called it and some times they didn't. I was very shocked at how much trouble Summertown had handling our pressure.

Agreed , played right into GCs hands and we never made adjustments.    Thought GC got away with a lot of fouls on their traps but at the same time, we kept getting trapped!   

1 minute ago, JacketPride5 said:

Summertown has some very good young players.  They will be back in the tournament for several years to come.  Gibson County did what Gibson County does.  They play great team defense, slow the game down, and score enough to win.  They remind me a lot of the old Gleason teams.

Amen !

13 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

idiot.......

Wow! My post seriously just went right over your head! lol. I was talking about your post and being sarcastic, maybe you can get it now.  Geezzzzzz.  And your calling me idiot lol. Classic, i’ll Stop Now,  but you have gave me a good laugh.