Gibson County v. Summertown (2019- Quarterfinal matchup)

SuperFan14A

On 3/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, Jaychapman said:

Some !!! / no momentum when ref call so onesoded but hats off to GC could been closer but too much youth for Stown / good experience for our freshmen  & eighth graders / sophomores been there before should of played better only 14 played like been there before / looks like early softball for defending State championships / we take all sports seriously  hope GC make to softball state but probably not 

Summertown had too many turnovers to beat a good team in a state tournament. To say the other 2 sophomores didn’t play like they had been there before was an unfair statement . #22 was basically taken out of the game with foul trouble and  #23 had 6 points and 5 rebounds against a good defensive team. #14 had an above average game for her offensively (9 points) but only having 1 assist from your point guard and 0 rebounds is not a reflection of “been there before”. The freshman post had 11 points, 12 rebounds and 5-5 on fg’s (according to tssaa). The “youth” hasn’t hurt them before. Summertown was there the previous 2 years with youth BUT had veteran leadership. I do expect them to return the next 2 years. 

16 hours ago, Intense said:

That is the norm for GC.  They do two things really well.  They attack the basket and draw fouls and they play amazingly disciplined defense.  All three times we played them they shot more free throws than us.  They shot more in their loss to us.  It’s their style of play and it works!  Wilkins has done a really good job teaching them how to play D without fouling!  I feel your pain, trust me!

You are right.  He stresses fundamental basketball and always attack the rim. 

On 3/7/2019 at 10:17 PM, Not1toFwith said:

It didn't go over anybody's head.  U said we're not that good.  I just stated we aren't as good as the best in the state. Don't go crawfishin trying to look smart ..............IDIOT!  

Come on princess, pick your feelings back up and move on. Maybe summertown is better than they looked in 1 game. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt cause y’all looked horrible in that one game, but just like the rest of the teams except GC and Loretto right now.... there’s always next yr. it’s ok! 

Sorry I don’t reply much , I don’t spend all day on coacht message board argueing with people in their feelings. lol

Edited by BABABA

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Come on princess, pick your feelings back up and move on. Maybe summertown is better than they looked in 1 game. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt cause y’all looked horrible in that one game, but just like the rest of the teams except GC and Loretto right now.... there’s always next yr. it’s ok! 

Sorry I don’t reply much , I don’t spend all day on coacht message board argueing with people in their feelings. lol

Hey Water boy!  Been wondering where u went.    And for the record, I get paid to troll idiots on here by an anonymous donor and ur at the top of the list right now......... idiot! 

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, BABABA said:

It's perfectly OK if you don't want to give Summertown the benefit of any doubt BLAHBLAHBLAH... there have always been one or two random posters on here who will take the first opportunity to discredit a bunch of young kids and slander them while they are hurting, and it is definitely not required of you to back down from your initial assessment just because some jerk fan of theirs get's his/her little feelings hurt. You do you and be proud of it.

moron

On 3/11/2019 at 11:29 PM, tradertwo said:

It's perfectly OK if you don't want to give Summertown the benefit of any doubt BLAHBLAHBLAH... there have always been one or two random posters on here who will take the first opportunity to discredit a bunch of young kids and slander them while they are hurting, and it is definitely not required of you to back down from your initial assessment just because some jerk fan of theirs get's his/her little feelings hurt. You do you and be proud of it.

moron

Hey man, summertown prob better than what they showed in that game. Pressure can get you. I’m just saying didn’t look very good in that game, doesn’t mean they don’t have potential if they work at it this off season and mature. People just try to blow a lot of teams up on here and then when they end up playing vs decent teams they look like crap. Kinda today’s society everyone likes to dish it out but can’t take the heat when it’s thrown back on them. I’ll be the first to admit Peabody has got to be able to shoot it and handle it and get better fundamentally before next season with their 5 Sophs, 1 fresh and 3 8th graders coming across. Way over-achieved this year! If everyone would work as hard as the GC seniors did this past 3-4 years kids would be able to play! That requires a lot of work on their own. Just saying summertown no where near looked as good as west teams did this year, (GC, Greenfield, TCA, Peabody and Gleason) .  Ol nottofwith or whatever his princess name is sure is fun to mess with though. Feelings all over the place! lol. 

3 hours ago, BABABA said:

Hey man, summertown prob better than what they showed in that game. Pressure can get you. I’m just saying didn’t look very good in that game, doesn’t mean they don’t have potential if they work at it this off season and mature. People just try to blow a lot of teams up on here and then when they end up playing vs decent teams they look like crap. Kinda today’s society everyone likes to dish it out but can’t take the heat when it’s thrown back on them. I’ll be the first to admit Peabody has got to be able to shoot it and handle it and get better fundamentally before next season with their 5 Sophs, 1 fresh and 3 8th graders coming across. Way over-achieved this year! If everyone would work as hard as the GC seniors did this past 3-4 years kids would be able to play! That requires a lot of work on their own. Just saying summertown no where near looked as good as west teams did this year, (GC, Greenfield, TCA, Peabody and Gleason) .  Ol nottofwith or whatever his princess name is sure is fun to mess with though. Feelings all over the place! lol. 

Fans jaw back and forth on here... no big deal. Not cool to say that one of the final eight teams in the state "just ain't very good...can't dribble... can't pass... lucky not to be beat by 30". Kids read this stuff, and their kids were good enough to beat everyone they faced to get to the state championships. Kids are usually off limits for criticism.

15 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Fans jaw back and forth on here... no big deal. Not cool to say that one of the final eight teams in the state "just ain't very good...can't dribble... can't pass... lucky not to be beat by 30". Kids read this stuff, and their kids were good enough to beat everyone they faced to get to the state championships. Kids are usually off limits for criticism.

That's all I'm saying with Bababa....

we lost 7 games all to teams who played in state championships (Loretto, GC and westview)      U wanna say we're not as good as GC , or Greenfield or Loretto I'll agree wth u.    Just don't throw shade at a team that starts 4 sophomores and a freshman and especially a team who's 3 off the bench are 2-8th graders and a sophomore.   

And, if we can play together and look like GC next couple of years....I'll be tickled pink!