thenextone

On 3/7/2019 at 12:40 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I will take a stab at a top 5

1. Alcoa (as always)

2.  Milan (tie)

2. Covington (tie)

4. Pearl

5. Upperman

alcoa is a machine and just keeps on keeping on. Milan has a new offensive coordinator but returns a lot of talent. Covington losses a lot of talent and head coach but returns a Mr. Football finalist. PC could very well be no 2 but until they get over the region 7 hurdle I just can’t put them there. This may be the year though. Much respect to the firebirds. And it is my understanding Upperman has some good talent coming back. This is just my two cents....

I wouldn't put them in the top 5 because last year was the best year they have had in over 10 years. But, I believe McNairy will be in the mix with Milan and Covington. They return a lot from this past season and will be led by a number of seniors. 

Edited by LetMeHearYA
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

I wouldn't put them in the top 5 because last year was the best year they have had in over 10 years. But, I believe McNairy will be in the mix with Milan and Covington. They return a lot from this past season and will be led by a number of seniors. 

You guys will be tough no doubt. I have a lot of respect for what you guys did last year. 

BPM,

Pearl-Cohn didn’t make it out of the second round last year.  Stratford was the team that advanced to the semifinals and lost to Covington in OT.  For the second straight year a Region 5 team reached the semifinals after beating Region 6 champion Fairview in the quarterfinals.  Covington was good enough to get the job done on both occasions.  They have taken Alcoa to the wire in both championship games as well.  

7 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

BPM,

Pearl-Cohn didn’t make it out of the second round last year.  Stratford was the team that advanced to the semifinals and lost to Covington in OT.  For the second straight year a Region 5 team reached the semifinals after beating Region 6 champion Fairview in the quarterfinals.  Covington was good enough to get the job done on both occasions.  They have taken Alcoa to the wire in both championship games as well.  

I know this. When I was referring to the region 7 hurdle I meant it to be a hurdle that allnteams in this side of the state have trouble getting over. Not just PC. Guess I worded it poorly. 

21 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

I like seeing McNairy trending up. For some reason I was under the impression last team was senior heavy. It'll be good to see them in the mix again this year. Westview should be much improved this season

3 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I like seeing McNairy trending up. For some reason I was under the impression last team was senior heavy. It'll be good to see them in the mix again this year. Westview should be much improved this season

They will have to mainly find some WRs and DBs. They lose 1 or 2 LB but they have depth there. They return most of their lineman, QB, RB, TE who was top receiver, and All-State LB.

I believe Westview will be much improved. They made a great hire in their coaching search. 

On 3/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, thatdevilforrest said:

1) Alcoa (nobody can compete with that recruiting)

2) Pearl 

3) A-E (if they could just block somebody)

4) Red Bank (see #3 and can't win on the road)

5) Covington 

6) Does anything past 5 matter

Cant win on the road? RB is 12-5 (.706) the past 3 years on the road. 

2016- 3-2 (BAYLOR, ALCOA)

2017- 4-2 (Soddy, ALCOA)

2018- 5-1 (Upperman)

Soddy being the only game RB had a chance to win.

Home record 17-4 (.809)

2016- 4-3 (ALCOA, McCallie, East Ridge)

2017- 7-1 (Walker-Valley)

2018- 6-0

East Ridge and Walker-Valley being the only games RB had a chance to win.

Edited by Alien