Top 10 3A

thenextone

Does....

Milan get to semis or beyond in year two of the Pettigrew era?

Covington find a replacement for Wheeler that will get them back to the show?

Camden get back to winning form?

McConnell lead Westview into the playoff or to more than four wins?

Simpson transfer to IMG after this season?

anyone beat Alcoa?

4 hours ago, riverrat said:

Does....

anyone beat Alcoa?

Yes

yes... but not next year

yes

yes.... but not next year

no

NO!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 10:20 AM, riverrat said:

Does....

anyone beat Alcoa?

Alcoa was pushed in the semi's.....and there are teams with as much or more talent as UHS. Will be harder as Alcoa will host this season but I think the gap is closing some. Maybe Austin East 

2 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Alcoa was pushed in the semi's.....and there are teams with as much or more talent as UHS. Will be harder as Alcoa will host this season but I think the gap is closing some. Maybe Austin East 

Alcoa's sophomore class is loaded. 4 sophomores ( if they continue to grow and develop) could play in the SEC or ACC. The junior class has 8  offensive linemen that do not play defense. three of them are three year starters. One of them already has several offers, two more of them will.

They will miss Walker Russell, but have a promising kid looking to step up. The senior D linemen will also be missed.

Don't be surprised if the gap widens this year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Alcoa's sophomore class is loaded. 4 sophomores ( if they continue to grow and develop) could play in the SEC or ACC. The junior class has 8  offensive linemen that do not play defense. three of them are three year starters. One of them already has several offers, two more of them will.

They will miss Walker Russell, but have a promising kid looking to step up. The senior D linemen will also be missed.

THIS 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Throwdeslant said:

THIS 

Slant, and everyone else, best guess as of pre spring practice:

All state-(I'll take 98,15,76,68,7)

All state sleepers (64,12, 5, 28)

Breakout (28)

Most under rated (20)

Most impactful new starter(21)

Thoughts?

Edited by 32hammer

Alcoa’s run over the last 15 years has been nothing short of incredible.  They’ve won 12 state championships in 13 appearances.  They have now won more state championships than any other program in TSSAA history.  It just doesn’t appear that this will change anytime soon.  Gary Rankin is now 425-75 in 500 career games coached and has won 14 state championships.  I used to forecast that he would coach at Alcoa through his son’s senior year but honestly I do believe that in the back of his mind he knows that if he does it for 6 more years that there’s a great chance he could reach the 500 win plateau and also have 20 state championships.  Alcoa would be well ahead of any other school in the state in Gold Balls if that were the case as well.  

I don’t mean that as an “insult” to Maryville by any means but their road on a yearly basis is much more difficult with Oakland, Whitehaven, Ravenwood, and a host of others who will be loaded year after year at the 6A level and more than capable of winning state championships.  

• Like 1

Dont know about a top 5 but

1.Alcoa

2. Covington

I dont see alot of 3a East Tn ball but I dont believe those teams are within 14 points of Alcoa. I think the Middle TN and West TN teams match up real good. I think Milan will be a good match for Covington this year.

Middle is a toss I'm always riding with the home team but teams like Stratford,Fairview,Giles and East can make some noise. PC is young and will have some growing pains

On 3/15/2019 at 8:17 AM, 32hammer said:

Like I said, UHS, who I am most familiar with, doesn't have the talent that Alcoa does but has a heck of a coach in Caine. They do have 3 kids getting some serious looks. Two are like 6'4 300's OL/DL and the other is the QB. I expect all do sign with OVC or higher programs.  

• Like 1

Was at a Milan spring scrimmage last week. Lost 14-8 to 5A runner up Henry Co. First let me say that Henry Co is loaded and will be a very good team this next year. Milan had every opportunity to beat them. New qb that was a wr last year. Kid can run it or throw it. Will probably see a lot of qb option this next year. However he missed some throws to wide open receivers. Got to learn to put some touch on the ball. If he does that it will free up the run game even more. Defense for Milan looked stout and made HC work for everything they got. And Milan was without a few starters due to spring sports including their best player Orlandis Williamson. Should be a good year. 

• Like 1