Top 10 3A

thenextone

46 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Uh please explain the, "blocking somebody" post?  If you don't know, AE's line was mainly Freshmen and Sophomores last year.  The OLine should be one of the strengths this year

The difference between Austin East and Alcoa is not athletes at the skilled positions.  Alcoa has so much success against them because they are superior in the trenches and physically whip them up front.  To be fair however Alcoa whips lots of people up front.  The reason why Austin East gets put under a microscope is because they, unlike a lot of other schools, are a 3A sized program with the athletes to compete with Alcoa.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

Uh please explain the, "blocking somebody" post?  If you don't know, AE's line was mainly Freshmen and Sophomores last year.  The OLine should be one of the strengths this year

Be interesting to see how they do this year. Alcoa will have Grey Carroll who was an all state DE last year as a soph, Solomon Tyson was a sophomore on the DL  and should wreck havoc this year. Bauman, outstanding athlete, and  Sudderth were both sophomores as well. Got a couple of freshmen coming that will turn heads on the line as well. One already has an offer right out of 8th grade.  

AE is kind of sandwiched between the opening game at Blackman on a Saturday and the Maryville game.  Smart move by AE.

18 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

The difference between Austin East and Alcoa is not athletes at the skilled positions.  Alcoa has so much success against them because they are superior in the trenches and physically whip them up front.  To be fair however Alcoa whips lots of people up front.  The reason why Austin East gets put under a microscope is because they, unlike a lot of other schools, are a 3A sized program with the athletes to compete with Alcoa.  

Really excited for our O line this year. 7 senior o linemen. three of which have started games since their sophomore yr. All three have offers.

AE has some outstanding athletes, but they may not have quality depth there. Ligon and Foster are outstanding quality players that any team would want, but even they would have to compete at Alcoa this year for quality playing time. Junior class is loaded!

19 hours ago, Turtle said:

pretty well known that at a school like AE nobody wants to block.  They all think they are skilled players, even the 6-5 320 lb. kid will say he is a TE.  

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, howdoitknow said:

Alcoa has so much success against them because they are superior in the trenches and physically whip them up front.  

Uh, I disagree with that statement.  I didn't see that last year! The first game at AE, AE whipped Alcoa.  AE just had 2 costly mistakes in the secondary which lead to 2 TD's.  

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

AE has some outstanding athletes, but they may not have quality depth there. Ligon and Foster are outstanding quality players that any team would want, but even they would have to compete at Alcoa this year for quality playing time. Junior class is loaded!

I agree with the Junior class being loaded at Alcoa and what you said about DEPTH at AE is very true.  That's one of the main reason AE can only compete with Alcoa for a half.  They don't have enough bodies on the sideline.  In my opinion, AE should've stayed in 2A but that's just my opinion.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Turtle said:

Uh, I disagree with that statement.  I didn't see that last year! The first game at AE, AE whipped Alcoa.  AE just had 2 costly mistakes in the secondary which lead to 2 TD's.  

Nope. Alcoa won the LOS in both games.  Alcoa was the one that had the two mistakes in the game. AE threw a desperation pass, the kid made a great play and took over 70 yards  for the TD. Alcoa still won 31-8. If you whip a team in the trenches, you should win, or at least keep it within 10 points.  You can't retain any credibility if you say you whipped a team and lose by multiple TDs 

Edited by 32hammer
spelling