Top 10 3A

thenextone

On 3/12/2019 at 11:20 AM, riverrat said:

Does....

Milan get to semis or beyond in year two of the Pettigrew era?

Covington find a replacement for Wheeler that will get them back to the show?

Camden get back to winning form?

McConnell lead Westview into the playoff or to more than four wins?

Simpson transfer to IMG after this season?

anyone beat Alcoa?

I don't live too far from IMG and I know Simpson is a stud but he isn't an IMG stud caliber player. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/2/2019 at 7:16 PM, Turtle said:

Uh please explain the, "blocking somebody" post?  If you don't know, AE's line was mainly Freshmen and Sophomores last year.  The OLine should be one of the strengths this year

you couldn't be more wrong. you giving people hope AE lost 3 seniors on their online last year according to their roster and numbers.  They couldn't block anyone last year you went to the games the QB was running for his life.  The RB never had a hole to run through. 

On 6/2/2019 at 8:07 PM, howdoitknow said:

The difference between Austin East and Alcoa is not athletes at the skilled positions.  Alcoa has so much success against them because they are superior in the trenches and physically whip them up front.  To be fair however Alcoa whips lots of people up front.  The reason why Austin East gets put under a microscope is because they, unlike a lot of other schools, are a 3A sized program with the athletes to compete with Alcoa.  

Absolutely correct statement hear. AE is the only team that has a chance to possibly beat alcoa cause they compete everywhere with them just not up front. Other teams compete up front but don't have enough talent to match them 

On 6/3/2019 at 8:31 PM, Turtle said:

Uh, I disagree with that statement.  I didn't see that last year! The first game at AE, AE whipped Alcoa.  AE just had 2 costly mistakes in the secondary which lead to 2 TD's.  

Yea you didnt watch the game Carrol was straight killing every play. Landon dominated the Left Tackle every play.. AE made some plays but no way did they dominate anything 

• Like 1