Top 10 3A

thenextone

I will take a stab at a top 5

1. Alcoa (as always)

2.  Milan (tie)

2. Covington (tie)

4. Pearl

5. Upperman

alcoa is a machine and just keeps on keeping on. Milan has a new offensive coordinator but returns a lot of talent. Covington losses a lot of talent and head coach but returns a Mr. Football finalist. PC could very well be no 2 but until they get over the region 7 hurdle I just can’t put them there. This may be the year though. Much respect to the firebirds. And it is my understanding Upperman has some good talent coming back. This is just my two cents....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1. Alcoa (as always)

2.  Milan (tie)

2. Covington (tie)

4. Pearl

5. Upperman

alcoa is a machine and just keeps on keeping on. Milan has a new offensive coordinator but returns a lot of talent. Covington losses a lot of talent and head coach but returns a Mr. Football finalist. PC could very well be no 2 but until they get over the region 7 hurdle I just can’t put them there. This may be the year though. Much respect to the firebirds. And it is my understanding Upperman has some good talent coming back. This is just my two cents.... 

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Covington

4.Austin East

5. Upperman

I think Milan is close this year and Covington lost a lot, especially with their head coach leaving. Lot of respect for him and the program. AE could be a sleeper this year. lots of speed and athleticism coming back. I hear a freshman with legit jets and a solid big man could be transferring in. Upperman's HC is another good one and they should be solid with a playmaker at QB.

I refuse to put PC in the preseason top 5. After the last two years of middle TN folks hyping the Firebirds up like they were the 85 bears and 78 steelers combined and producing zero after Thanksgiving, they are going to have to make it to Cookeville before I buy into them. 

• Upvote 1

You know rankings during the season and teams that actually have a chance to make it to Cookeville are 2 different things. My top 5 was strictly based on who I thought has the best chance of going to the ship. Some teams will take losses in the reg season that may drop them in the polls but will make them better. There are some teams that will have great seasons but won’t sniff the title game having said that you can probably count on Fairview to be a good team. Stratford, Giles Co., Camden, Red Bank and Squatch will all probably be good. But I just really think the 5 i previously mentioned will be there in the end. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You know rankings during the season and teams that actually have a chance to make it to Cookeville are 2 different things. My top 5 was strictly based on who I thought has the best chance of going to the ship. Some teams will take losses in the reg season that may drop them in the polls but will make them better. There are some teams that will have great seasons but won’t sniff the title game having said that you can probably count on Fairview to be a good team. Stratford, Giles Co., Camden, Red Bank and Squatch will all probably be good. But I just really think the 5 i previously mentioned will be there in the end. 

Good points. I do think AE may be under rated because they are in Alcoas region.

On 3/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1. Alcoa (as always)

2.  Milan (tie)

2. Covington (tie)

4. Pearl

5. Upperman

Great break down!

• Upvote 1