Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, GoWarriors said:

Also let me say as someone in the know with the Lady Warriors and Coach Gouge we are on the brink of a RIDICULOUS incoming freshman class.  Yes Cloudland is a very very good team as I have seen up close and personal the last few years. But we will be in Single A very soon and this incoming class will be a major force to be reckoned with. Its not everyday you bring in 6 or possibly 7 freshman who can absolutely play ball.

Most of the good players on our jr. high are still in jr. high.  That class will come in 2020.  Those are a hungry group of players after almost tasting gold.  2nd place ain't gonna cut it with those girls.  With the right strength and conditioning and perfecting the fundamentals,  Cland will seriously challenge for the gold.  They have a chance to get a good head start if they get the right leadership.  I think we already have our coach, its just hush hush for now

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ll also go out on a limb and say that the Lady Landers host a SubState game in the next 2 years and make a State Appearance soon. Birch is stepping back into a slew of talent that he has been very close to and has Coached and will for about the next 5 years. Should be very exciting to watch Lady Lander B ball for a while! 

46 minutes ago, foreveranole said:

I’ll also go out on a limb and say that the Lady Landers host a SubState game in the next 2 years and make a State Appearance soon. Birch is stepping back into a slew of talent that he has been very close to and has Coached and will for about the next 5 years. Should be very exciting to watch Lady Lander B ball for a while! 

I been watching the twins practice with the 7th graders. Gonna be a deep hs team. 18 players on the jr high 

1 hour ago, foreveranole said:

Could be more than just an appearance. The pieces to the puzzle are coming together.

Yeah that would be great Bull. I know that HS ball is different and just because last years Jr. High team made it to the Championship game doesn’t mean they will do anything later. But I will say this and those who was there and seen it will have to agree. Those girls had the Trophy to lose in that last game. It was theirs pretty much the whole game. If I’m not mistaken we led by as many as 15 at one point and was controlling every possession. But they didn’t complete the game and the other team won! I know of a couple on that team that works their tales off pretty much year around and didn’t like settling for 2nd place and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them bring the 1st Gold Ball back to Roan Mtn! Just my opinion tho. 

Just like what I thought would happen,I figured Matt would take the job,he sees the talent,but I caution all the lander fans don't count your chickens before they hatch,I remember a while back when Cloudlands jr high girls  were very very talented and there was many things that happened, can't remember if they made state or not but I know everyone including me was expecting to see a gold ball,good luck to them 

6 hours ago, foreveranole said:

King what grade are the Twins in? And I know this is the HS message board but do you know who will be coaching Jr. High now?

They're going into 6th grade. And i have no idea. I think matt will run the team through the summer until they find someone