Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

1 hour ago, IMDog said:

Just like what I thought would happen,I figured Matt would take the job,he sees the talent,but I caution all the lander fans don't count your chickens before they hatch,I remember a while back when Cloudlands jr high girls  were very very talented and there was many things that happened, can't remember if they made state or not but I know everyone including me was expecting to see a gold ball,good luck to them 

They were pretty good Imdog, but I've been watching this bunch and they are very good.  They have a post whose jersey could be hanging on the wall barring no misfortune.  I know 4 of the girls could already start for the high school.  They run the floor, pass, and score at a scary pace for a jr high team. The group you speak of never had the height or the quickness to make the big dance. They were upstaged by Hampton in the tournament.  They gained weight and never progressed from jr high

38 minutes ago, THE KING said:

They were pretty good Imdog, but I've been watching this bunch and they are very good.  They have a post whose jersey could be hanging on the wall barring no misfortune.  I know 4 of the girls could already start for the high school.  They run the floor, pass, and score at a scary pace for a jr high team. The group you speak of never had the height or the quickness to make the big dance. They were upstaged by Hampton in the tournament.  They gained weight and never progressed from jr high

I don't know if we're on the same page,there have been some awfully good girls teams go through Cloudland,I'm talking about two different jr high teams the first is the one with Brooke j.,Shelly m. and the next group was with the Wilson girls and C. Clark and  that group, remember that group even picked up a D1 player B.Rhodes and they still didn't get a gold ball but I haven't watched the girls you're talking about so I'll take your word for it.im going to poke a little fun at you,that team your talking about just might end up at Hampton when it's all said and done BIG BLUE ALLIANCE 

7 hours ago, IMDog said:

I don't know if we're on the same page,there have been some awfully good girls teams go through Cloudland,I'm talking about two different jr high teams the first is the one with Brooke j.,Shelly m. and the next group was with the Wilson girls and C. Clark and  that group, remember that group even picked up a D1 player B.Rhodes and they still didn't get a gold ball but I haven't watched the girls you're talking about so I'll take your word for it.im going to poke a little fun at you,that team your talking about just might end up at Hampton when it's all said and done BIG BLUE ALLIANCE 

I was talking about the first one but the 2nd one didn't really underachieve. Lots of great teams are in the state tourney

14 hours ago, THE KING said:

the jr high team is good but none of them would start on the high school team today.

11 hours ago, THE KING said:

I was talking about the first one but the 2nd one didn't really underachieve. Lots of great teams are in the state tourney

True there are a lot of great teams in the state tournament,there are also great teams that don't make it there,from having a bad game at the wrong time or other circumstances.i hope that you are right and a gold ball makes its way to roan mountain

12 hours ago, IMDog said:

True there are a lot of great teams in the state tournament,there are also great teams that don't make it there,from having a bad game at the wrong time or other circumstances.i hope that you are right and a gold ball makes its way to roan mountain

I think our best team lost to meigs in sub state

On 6/1/2019 at 6:29 AM, THE KING said:

Never said they could beat anyone out. 

But you in your post you said Quote, " I know 4 of the girls could already start for the high school."

For them to start for the high school, they would have to beat someone out, that is what I was commenting about.  

22 hours ago, DukeDodgers said:

But you in your post you said Quote, " I know 4 of the girls could already start for the high school."

For them to start for the high school, they would have to beat someone out, that is what I was commenting about.  Which, I agree with you King.  Now I will be quiet. Lol

Well, I meant if they had to get thrown in there,  they could hold their own at that level.  Most years, there is big drop off from high school to jr. high.  Every now and then,  you get a few eighth graders that are grown up for their age.  I didn't realize how quick the team was.  My girls competed well against the 7th graders and girls their own age but they are a long ways from being able to play with 8th graders.