Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, THE KING said:

They were pretty good Imdog, but I've been watching this bunch and they are very good.  They have a post whose jersey could be hanging on the wall barring no misfortune.   They run the floor, pass, and score at a scary pace for a jr high team. The group you speak of never had the height or the quickness to make the big dance. They were upstaged by Hampton in the tournament.  They gained weight and never progressed from jr high

Trying to find where I said that, Lol

On 5/30/2019 at 8:42 PM, THE KING said:

They were pretty good Imdog, but I've been watching this bunch and they are very good.  They have a post whose jersey could be hanging on the wall barring no misfortune.  I know 4 of the girls could already start for the high school.  They run the floor, pass, and score at a scary pace for a jr high team. The group you speak of never had the height or the quickness to make the big dance. They were upstaged by Hampton in the tournament.  They gained weight and never progressed from jr high

Hey forgot to ask but what is the post players last  name that you are talking about,I really look forward to seeing this team play this upcoming season.

30 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Hey king how do you feel about coach horny do you think it's a good hire

She is new to coaching at this level but I don't think its a bad hire.  The jury is still out.  I watched her as a player and she always gave it 100% so its not like she's going to go in there and give a half hearted effort.  People should not expect her to be the coach that Birchfield is.  He's got years of experience.  I think the best thing to do right now is give coach Horney lots of support.  She may turn out to be a good one.

8 hours ago, THE KING said:

She is new to coaching at this level but I don't think its a bad hire.  The jury is still out.  I watched her as a player and she always gave it 100% so its not like she's going to go in there and give a half hearted effort.  People should not expect her to be the coach that Birchfield is.  He's got years of experience.  I think the best thing to do right now is give coach Horney lots of support.  She may turn out to be a good one.

I watched her as well, always hustled,and fought hard,I think it's a good hire always good to see some new,young coaches get an opportunity.hopefully there won't be any growing pains.Good luck to her

On 6/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, IMDog said:

I watched her as well, always hustled,and fought hard,I think it's a good hire always good to see some new,young coaches get an opportunity.hopefully there won't be any growing pains.Good luck to her

Well, she can ride the shoes of these 8th graders.  They're gonna win anyway. Next year when there's a drop off in talent will be a test for her.

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2019 at 1:38 PM, foreveranole said:

Yeah that would be great Bull. I know that HS ball is different and just because last years Jr. High team made it to the Championship game doesn’t mean they will do anything later. But I will say this and those who was there and seen it will have to agree. Those girls had the Trophy to lose in that last game. It was theirs pretty much the whole game. If I’m not mistaken we led by as many as 15 at one point and was controlling every possession. But they didn’t complete the game and the other team won! I know of a couple on that team that works their tales off pretty much year around and didn’t like settling for 2nd place and it wouldn’t surprise me to see them bring the 1st Gold Ball back to Roan Mtn! Just my opinion tho. 

Curious as to who they lost too?

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

Curious as to who they lost too?

They had 3 players move up.  Most of the main contributors are in 8th grade.  My daughters practiced with them over the summer and we decided to let them play youth club one more year.  As deep as the team is,  playing time would be limited.  One little lady in the 6th grade will dress with the 8th graders is a very talented little girl.  I told my girls to work hard if they want to catch her.  Cland is just loaded for bear.  The talent is there, just got to produce!