Cloudland Lady Landers 2019-20

foreveranole

6 hours ago, THE KING said:

The high school doesn't need the 8th graders. I have to agree with Duke dodgers. The only girl who will get playing time is Sahara McKinney.  The 8th grade post has a bright future but to say she is better than benfield at this point would be a stretch lol

What’s crazy King is Sahara is the best athlete in the 8th grade boy or girl. She will be fun to watch.

Mckinney deserves all she gets. She prolly has as many hours on the Court as anyone at Cloudland HS/MS and has worked her tail off. Well Maybe besides her Cousins that already play on Girls Varsity squad. Yeah the 8th Grade Post player is gonna be a dandy as well. She is super strong and determined. Just needs time on the Court with those girls next year. Actually that 8th Grade team has a bunch of Talent. I’m sure Birch is looking forward to the next 4 years as Lady Lander Coach. I know I’m excited about it. Heck from this years Jrs down to the 8th graders they prolly haven’t lost a total of 20 games in Reg season ball in 5-6 years. Those girls had that game Sat in their hands as well as the State Championship last year. They were ahead by plenty in both games. But didn’t finish it and that’s what counts. A lot of broken hearts Sat but it’ll only help them in the Future. If this years HS team can get a Sub State game at home I’d say we make a State Appearance. Maybe get a good draw down there and make some noice. Wouldn’t surprise me to see them go a couple or 3 times in 4-5 years to come. Just my opinion tho

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Appvol said:

What’s crazy King is Sahara is the best athlete in the 8th grade boy or girl. She will be fun to watch.

I think Ryan is going to hit a growth spurt.  Both her parents are tall and she has a high % behind the arc.  I think once christman adjusts to playing against high school posts, she'll come into her own. She might even get a few minutes later in next season.  Sahara,  barring any unforeseen circumstances may have have her Jersey retired.  I've not seen a guard that talented since courtney Clarke.  My daughters have won nearly 40 youth club games in 2 seasons,  so there's a few 6th graders who will give this 7th and 8th graders some depth once they get to high school.  

10 hours ago, THE KING said:

The high school doesn't need the 8th graders. I have to agree with Duke dodgers. The only girl who will get playing time is Sahara McKinney.  The 8th grade post has a bright future but to say she is better than benfield at this point would be a stretch lol

wasn't saying she was better than mandy i was referring to post players that come off the bench

11 hours ago, THE KING said:

I think Ryan is going to hit a growth spurt.  Both her parents are tall and she has a high % behind the arc.  I think once christman adjusts to playing against high school posts, she'll come into her own. She might even get a few minutes later in next season.  Sahara,  barring any unforeseen circumstances may have have her Jersey retired.  I've not seen a guard that talented since courtney Clarke.  My daughters have won nearly 40 youth club games in 2 seasons,  so there's a few 6th graders who will give this 7th and 8th graders some depth once they get to high school.  

The future looks bright. King when I watched the high school play Unaka I liked Ella effort and energy off the bench. She made her minutes count 

1 hour ago, crazzyness said:

Free throws have been the death knell of this Jr Landers team for the past 2 seasons now. And it's just a darn shame, because they've been superior, in every other facet of the game, to any other teams they've faced.

free throws can usually be fixed with proper technique and hard work just takes a lot of time and good teaching of the fundamentals of shooting unless it becomes a mental block this usually only happens to 1 player not a whole team

42 minutes ago, allsportsmatter said:

just saw where johnson county beat the lady landers tonight was this johnson county's first ever win over cloudland

Congrats to coach Tolley. He's a friend of mine and one of the best coaches in the state.  I had a feeling this might happen in mt city.  This is not as big an upset as one might think!

9 hours ago, THE KING said:

Congrats to coach Tolley. He's a friend of mine and one of the best coaches in the state.  I had a feeling this might happen in mt city.  This is not as big an upset as one might think!

JoCo has been playing really well the last 2-3 weeks and that is a hard place to pick up a win. You're right this is not a major upset. Cland is still on Pace for a shot at Murfreesboro