Greenfield v. Loretto (2019 Single A Semis)

SuperFan14A

3 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

I’ve seen Summertown play many games and they don’t foul that much. And seriously, free throws are part of the game? No kidding. But in the two games you’ve played, GC has shot 39 more free throws than their opponents. That’s unreal. 

And since I’m no fool, it’s you’re. Good luck tomorrow. 

A lot of that is because we’ve had leads and other team has had to foul late.  Guess you didn’t see the first half when GC had 3 starters on the bench in foul trouble.  And a 4th starter out with injury.  Blaming the refs is a cop out.   Good game Midway.  Girls played hard.  

2 minutes ago, 1MustangFan said:

Yeah. I know that. I also know GC is plus 39 on free throw attempts in the first 2 games. If you don’t see something wrong with that discrepancy, maybe you don’t understand the game. 

Sounds like excuses getting setup before the game starts....   How about give GC a little bit of credit.  We shot a lot of free throws in the 4th quarter of both games because of other teams fouling.  

1 hour ago, Not1toFwith said:

I appreciate the support buddy but we didn't deserve to win that game. Should've been called better but GC was better and deserved it.  

On a side note, I will say this about Summertown for those who think we're not that good.            7 losses =  6 to Loretto and GC who are playing in single A ship and 1 to Westview who's in AA Ship as well only playing sophomores and younger....yall may not be scared now, but u will be!  

We have one senior so it’s gonna be fun the next few years. Summertown and Loretto girls is always a fun game to watch. 

2 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

A lot of that is because we’ve had leads and other team has had to foul late.  Guess you didn’t see the first half when GC had 3 starters on the bench in foul trouble.  And a 4th starter out with injury.  Blaming the refs is a cop out.   Good game Midway.  Girls played hard.  

Totally agree.  End game fouls make up for a majority of that ft discrepancy.  Don’t rely on the stat sheet to tell the story.  Watch the game.  Were some fouls missed?  The answer is “yes” but on both sides of the ball.

Just now, westtnsportsfan said:

Sounds like excuses getting setup before the game starts....   How about give GC a little bit of credit.  We shot a lot of free throws in the 4th quarter of both games because of other teams fouling.  

Haha. Yep. That’s it. Didn’t say they weren’t good. And if you don’t think a plus 39 on free throw attempts in two games is weird then you are blind. 

We may not win but with one senior on the team, we’ve exceeded expectations all year and this team is fun to watch.  

I thought Loretto had a really good chance at winning this game but I still just couldn't make myself believe they could beat the defending state champs. I will say that this Greenfield squad is nowhere near as good of a team as the 2018-19 squad. Loretto has a really good team & they are a pretty young team too. Karly Weathers is just a freshman but she plays like an junior or senior.

With only 1 senior on this year's team look for Loretto to be right back in Murfreesboro probably for the next 2-3 seasons. This is a very talented & well coached team. Karly Weathers will be in the Mrs. Basketball Award running for Class A probably her next 3 seasons @ Loretto. She's one heck of a player. Loretto vs Gibson County in the Class A Championship should make for a barnburner of a Championship game. I want to say Gibson County will win but this Loretto team can beat them if they have another game like they have played the last 2 days.   

Edited by tonybologna
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1MustangFan said:

I’ve seen Summertown play many games and they don’t foul that much. And seriously, free throws are part of the game? No kidding. But in the two games you’ve played, GC has shot 39 more free throws than their opponents. That’s unreal. 

And since I’m no fool, it’s you’re. Good luck tomorrow. 

Thank you!  That's the way we play.  We attack and play sound fundamental basketball.  Coach Wilkins should be coach of the year. We played one of the toughest schedules this season. If not the toughest.   Beat Westview twice,  TCA twice , Peabody three  times, Summertime twice,  Greenfield once. What other single A team can make that claim?   I'm sure he won't,  but deserves it.  Based on who we have played and beaten with no superstars on our team. He gets the most out of his players and stresses fundamental basketball. Summertown is a great team. They will be a early season favorite in my opinion next year. You should be excited for the next 3 to 4 years.  

• Like 1

Gibson County is just automatic from the FT line. 10-10 down the stretch of this game. Karly Weathers for Loretto is a player. She alone kept Loretto in the game. K.J. White still done a really nice job of guarding Karly Weathers. Loretto will be back next year in my opinion. A very young team. Gibson County just has a better overall team but don't really have a star player like Karly Weathers from Loretto.

They truly play team ball & depend on everyone that plays to help them win. Congratulations to Gibson County for taking home the 2018-19 Class A State Championship. Karly Weathers was just named MVP. Some may disagree that the MVP shouldn't go to the losing team but Gibson County didn't have a player that was really the MVP so I agree with Karly Weathers getting the MVP.