Greenfield v. Loretto (2019 Single A Semis)

SuperFan14A

On 3/8/2019 at 10:22 PM, 1MustangFan said:

Yeah. I know that. I also know GC is plus 39 on free throw attempts in the first 2 games. If you don’t see something wrong with that discrepancy, maybe you don’t understand the game. 

Oh, I understand the game. Been watching and heavily involved for over 30 years. Championship's are built on playing disciplined basketball and being able to hit free throws in a close game. Gibson County was one of the best, if not the best at that in the whole tournament.  We are blessed to have one of the best basketball coaches in the state! Please don't berate girls who work hard on their craft.  Im sure others do as well. It's just that Gibson County was deadly from the free throw line all weekend. You might want to consider how many of those free throws were taken after the teams were fouling just to catch up and extend the game.  Basketball 101!

I just want to say that Greenfield is a great team and the coach is a class act.  It took a lot of energy out of our team and the legs were a little tired going into the finals against  Gibson County.  Congrats on your great year and Chloe was a class act too !

I think Chloe should have been more aggressive early on against Loretto. Lorettos length is crazy and the Weathers kid is a straight up baller. GC had the best overall team all week IMO. They just dont stop! They work hard on both ends and KJ White had an awesome tournament, big time senior leader. I really enjoyed watching this week, ready for the boys now, hope it's as exciting.