Top 10 4A

DevilMan03

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, PatriotNation said:

Just curious does anyone know what Haywood has coming back??

I know they lost quite a bit of fire power off of last years team.  Hines (QB), Reed (RB), Young (DE), Shields (WR/DB), King (DE/TE), Beard (DT), Swift (DB) the first that come to mind that remember from the state game.  There was a lot of seniors starting for them last year

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

I know they lost quite a bit of fire power off of last years team.  Hines (QB), Reed (RB), Young (DE), Shields (WR/DB), King (DE/TE), Beard (DT), Swift (DB) the first that come to mind that remember from the state game.  There was a lot of seniors starting for them last year

Hines and Reed was absolute ballers for them! 

1 hour ago, PatriotNation said:

Hines and Reed was absolute ballers for them! 

They definitely were.  If they had any passing game at all they would have been scary good.  The lack of that hurt them big time in the state championship game when Greeneville went into a bear front and shut them down midway through the 2nd quarter.

Anderson County did graduate a great class, but they have graduated great classes for many years.  They have a junior QB, Stone Hatmaker who took a lot of second half reps last season as a sophomore and has had a great 7v7 circuit this spring. I have watched skill players this spring in 7v7 League play here and  White, Miller, Thomas, Williams, Elliott, Terry, Seidner can score anytime they get the ball.  Incoming Freshman class is loaded as well with Vowell, Noe, Russell, Braden etc.... Up front, the Mavs will be big and strong again led by Stone Cummins, Murphy, Russell, Gage Terry , all  played every game last year.  Big question is how quickly Hatmaker and the receivers gel.   They have proven in 7v7 that they can put up big numbers quick,  but we all know 7v7 and Friday nights are different.  Mavericks picked up two top notch teams next year in Powell and South Doyle to go along with the Chattanooga Region they play in.  I know this Mav Fan can't wait to see the opening kick and see how this group follows up the last two seasons.  Look for the Mavericks to be right in the thick of it again as the Playoffs begin.  I know Greeeneville will be loaded again, and I look for E-town to be back at it as well.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

All I've heard are "the usual suspects".....  Give me some of the (bottom half) of the top ten..   Maplewood, Tullahoma, Marshall County, Nolensville, Springfield, Dyersburg, Stone Memorial, White House, Montgomery Central, Macon County, Jackson Northside, Jackson Southside, Haywood, to name a few...

Do past strong teams like Memphis East and Liberty get any better??

Give us some feedback on teams other than Greeneville and Betsy..

Edited by FridayMainEvent

18 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

All I've heard are "the usual suspects".....  Give me some of the (bottom half) of the top ten..   Maplewood, Tullahoma, Marshall County, Nolensville, Springfield, Dyersburg, Stone Memorial, White House, Montgomery Central, Macon County, Jackson Northside, Jackson Southside, Haywood, to name a few...

Do past strong teams like Memphis East and Liberty get any better??

Give us some feedback on teams other than Greeneville and Betsy..

I think Howard Tech is a Dark Horse for Region 1 and 2 for 4a. I expect them to make playoffs and potential cause an upset 1st or 2nd round. They are loaded with athletes but need to develop consistent play from game to game.

Stone Memorial will make playoffs, but I dont expect them to make it past the 1st round.

I don't know anything about Marshall or Maplewood other than they consistently perform well. Can someone else chime in on them. 

• Upvote 1

I would agree Howard being a dark horse played both Anderson County and Elizabethton tough til the end last year and return most of the defense and skill guys.  I expect Stone Memorial to be solid again and get a playoff win.  samber is a great coach and i think they will be solid again this year!

21 minutes ago, MCCS87 said:

I would agree Howard being a dark horse played both Anderson County and Elizabethton tough til the end last year and return most of the defense and skill guys.  I expect Stone Memorial to be solid again and get a playoff win.  samber is a great coach and i think they will be solid again this year!

That all depends on what you classify as Solid.  Stone has always ran through their district (Easiest 4a district in the state) no problem and go 9-1 or even 10-0 and have trouble beating the 4 seed from the other region in the 1st round.  They made it to the 2nd round in 2015.  Last year was a key example of going 9-1 (Getting beat handily by LC in the regular season when LC was not that good) and then getting beat first round by a 3 win Marshall County team who was wayyyyy down.  They weren't even a top 15 4a team last year.