Westview vs Cheatham Co

BearcatDad

This was a game in where I was completely disappointed in the officiating towards the end of the game. 

First, it was clearly evident that Cheatham County's coach was calling a time out with 44 seconds left in the game. I mean, you can't miss it. However, a Cheatham County player turned the ball over, in a situation that should not have happened if the official just glanced at the coach for not even a half second. 

Second, with 26 seconds left in the game, Cheatham County #12 took a charge, that should've been a blocking foul. She was clearly moving back and I mean, clearly moving back for there was contact made. In my textbook of "what's a charge/blocking foul" that is clearly a block, but kudos to CC #12 for getting her feet set, but you moved back before contact was made.

Third, Cheatham County was winning 42-40 with 5.8 seconds where I foul occurred. A Cheatham County player missed her first free throw and a Westview player went to grab the rebound (treating it like a 1 and 1 situation), but she got confused. However, she wasn't the only one that got confused because the clock operator started the clock and it went down to 5.2 seconds, and none of the officials realized it. No excuses there. EVERY TICK COUNTS!!!!

Last, same situation as the third one, just after the second free throw was missed (5.2 seconds left). Westview #35 was jumping up to get a rebound but was pushed by Cheatham County's #3 (arm bar in the back) and was missed. You can see clear separation. Cheatham County got the rebound, was foul again and made one free throw.

If you were in Murfreesboro watching the game, you'll probably think I am an idiot. However, if you recorded this game and have the luxury and going back and fourth, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. Report card grade: F

1 hour ago, TryNotToSuck said:

This was a game in where I was completely disappointed in the officiating towards the end of the game. 

First, it was clearly evident that Cheatham County's coach was calling a time out with 44 seconds left in the game. I mean, you can't miss it. However, a Cheatham County player turned the ball over, in a situation that should not have happened if the official just glanced at the coach for not even a half second. 

Second, with 26 seconds left in the game, Cheatham County #12 took a charge, that should've been a blocking foul. She was clearly moving back and I mean, clearly moving back for there was contact made. In my textbook of "what's a charge/blocking foul" that is clearly a block, but kudos to CC #12 for getting her feet set, but you moved back before contact was made.

Third, Cheatham County was winning 42-40 with 5.8 seconds where I foul occurred. A Cheatham County player missed her first free throw and a Westview player went to grab the rebound (treating it like a 1 and 1 situation), but she got confused. However, she wasn't the only one that got confused because the clock operator started the clock and it went down to 5.2 seconds, and none of the officials realized it. No excuses there. EVERY TICK COUNTS!!!!

Last, same situation as the third one, just after the second free throw was missed (5.2 seconds left). Westview #35 was jumping up to get a rebound but was pushed by Cheatham County's #3 (arm bar in the back) and was missed. You can see clear separation. Cheatham County got the rebound, was foul again and made one free throw.

If you were in Murfreesboro watching the game, you'll probably think I am an idiot. However, if you recorded this game and have the luxury and going back and fourth, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. Report card grade: F

Perhaps one day a perfect game will be played by the players, coached by the coaches, and officiated by the officials. 

5 minutes ago, midtnmale said:

Perhaps one day a perfect game will be played by the players, coached by the coaches, and officiated by the officials. 

Perhaps the poster is only saying the officiating is inconsistent nearly every game.  Perhaps the poster would like to just see the best refs do state games not give everyone in an area games.  Hire the best only, perhaps that is all that was being said.  Perhaps 

1 minute ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Perhaps the poster is only saying the officiating is inconsistent nearly every game.  Perhaps the poster would like to just see the best refs do state games not give everyone in an area games.  Hire the best only, perhaps that is all that was being said.  Perhaps 

And perhaps congratulations can just be given to the winning team. Or nothing said at all. Because it will change nothing. Just as replying to people of your mindset is a waste of time. 

28 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

If the officiating is inconsistent every game isn’t it really consistent??