Goodin resigns @ McMinn Central

OldCharger

On 3/29/2019 at 5:36 PM, hohmaster said:

Neither I hope. He couldn't beat McMinn Co when he coached at Walker Valley even when he had superior teams. He's applied everywhere since Walker Valley fired him and no one has hired him, for good reason.

McMinn Central needs good leadership with several of their sports programs including football. Volleyball is terrible. Neither the baseball or softball teams have won a game this season! Other than a good girls basketball and soccer programs, none of these other sports are doing well. There's enough talent to have competitive programs in every sport.

Not much talent to work with in spring sports imo because Soccer is year round, Basketball is year round, Baseball/Softball and Dance is year round for kids. Sport "specialization" and travel ball is hurting HS sports at Central and smaller schools. The most talented boys play basketball only and are swayed from playing Football. The most talented girls play Soccer and travel soccer, Basketball/AAU and Dance (requirement of making and staying on the team is no other sports). 

*Softball is very young. 6 Freshman getting valuable PT and most first year players with 1 Freshman pitcher in her 1st year of pitching. Not a recipe for success at the moment. 

*Baseball only has 11 boys out and 2 of them are injured. You can do the math on that. 

51 minutes ago, PUMMELKING said:

Get new AD.

Dont let sumone play favorite with the Athletics.

Treat all kids n teams the same.

I don't know where this came from or what you are referencing, but Central is in great shape at AD and now Principal (who actually makes the hire). There is a timing factor involved with any hire at this time of year for sure... teaching positions open, etc. These folks know their jobs and will fill the job as the process allows. 

Edited by elhosel

I have been around Central Sports for a long long time. Revenues that are generated by the system are spread very evenly. Central is a school of booster clubs and you can't compare what each of these clubs do for their individual sport. The A D is not in charge of those funds at all, not his fault if it appears to some one sport is treated better than others. I have known every A D that has been there from the beginning and none did it better than Coach Armstrong. Just my humble opinion....