Goodin resigns @ McMinn Central

OldCharger

27 minutes ago, BruceColetrain said:

You ought to spend some time around Etowah and Englewood. 

Anytime I hear banjo music I turn around and run the other way. Congrats to Derrick Davis. With his new gig and pay raise, he can afford some mustache cream to supplement that already magnificent lip caterpillar that he has already established.

9 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Anytime I hear banjo music I turn around and run the other way. Congrats to Derrick Davis. With his new gig and pay raise, he can afford some mustache cream to supplement that already magnificent lip caterpillar that he has already established.

Thats why I left Monroe/McMinn County in 86. I am thinkin about moving back and get some learning from DD. Hes a dern good facial hair stylist, lip packer, and defense genius.

1 hour ago, OldCharger said:

Hearing that a lot of people are upset with this hire. I mean, how could you be upset with it? I do not understand! People amaze me. Hearing there is some fallout with players and potential players (8th graders). My question is this.................Why in the world would you NOT want your kid to play for Coach Davis?

Coach Davis a solid coach! It was the smart hire! You did have some solid up and coming candidates that could have been successful as well.. but just imo.. times have changed in a way that some kids are turned off of by certain schemes.. not saying any scheme is wrong but with a program that is struggling, you want to bring energy and excitement and possibly bring in new ideas that could be a fresh start... just an opinion.. again no right or wrong system to use just want to be appealing to current and incoming players

2 hours ago, OldCharger said:

Hearing that a lot of people are upset with this hire. I mean, how could you be upset with it? I do not understand! People amaze me. Hearing there is some fallout with players and potential players (8th graders). My question is this.................Why in the world would you NOT want your kid to play for Coach Davis?

Maybe that is the problem to start with!May weed out the whiners and complainers and build a program.

This is a good hire!The man is a proven winner.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, beardog said:

Going to be an awkward bus ride and game come Sept 13 in Benton for Davis. I'm going to imagine you could cut the tension with a knife. Field named after Derrick's dad now he's coaching a rival. I'm guessing a sell out that Friday night.

How about a field named after you? Larry will be coaching that game to lol

I think it is not so much disappointed with coach Davis, more disappointed Coach Vestal didn't get it. I sure hope folks will understand what a great hire this is and encourage kids to give him a chance. He met with the Central kids this morning and I heard a large turnout showed up. Several of the kids were seen talking up Coach Davis. I heard Coach Davis say he was going to reach out to Coach Vestal and see if he wanted to stay, if he doesn't.... it will be his choice to walk away. 

19 hours ago, OldSchoolCharger said:

I think it is not so much disappointed with coach Davis, more disappointed Coach Vestal didn't get it. I sure hope folks will understand what a great hire this is and encourage kids to give him a chance. He met with the Central kids this morning and I heard a large turnout showed up. Several of the kids were seen talking up Coach Davis. I heard Coach Davis say he was going to reach out to Coach Vestal and see if he wanted to stay, if he doesn't.... it will be his choice to walk away. 

Excellent choice to re-build this program. DD is a great man and a fine coach. Glad he gets to bring in his own staff too because lets face it they need a fresh start cause 1-29 ain't getting it done. Doesn't need that kind of negative energy hanging around! 

5 hours ago, OrangeTiger said:

Excellent choice to re-build this program. DD is a great man and a fine coach. Glad he gets to bring in his own staff too because lets face it they need a fresh start cause 1-29 ain't getting it done. Doesn't need that kind of negative energy hanging around! 

Most of the staff is staying. 

Coach Masingale 

Coach Gossett

Coach Stone 

I know those are staying and are excited