Goodin resigns @ McMinn Central

OldCharger

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 1:39 PM, Kee4Life said:

I mean I'm sure that he has. He has apparently put in for every head coaching opening around the area.

On 4/13/2019 at 4:00 PM, OldSchoolCharger said:

Coach Vestal is missing a great opportunity to learn from 2 of the best coaches in east Tenn. Derrick Davis is one of the best defensive minds and Larry Davis is one of the best in the wing T offense. 

I will say that Vestal was not offered a job...point blank. He brought thre staff from Polk and that’s a fact. Also, some of the best is a stretch...can’t win but 1 round, and don’t forget he also was 0-10 a few times at Polk 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, OldCharger said:

McMinn County game will be played @ Central this season! Looking forward to finally hosting that game again!

Coaching Staff Info:

Derrick Davis (HC and DC)

Larry Davis (OC)

Brent Masingale

Steven Stone

Kim Gossett

Bob Lambert

Dylan Lawson

*Will post more when I find out. Thanks!

Also, a lot of misinformation out there. Vestal chose to leave because he wanted to call the plays. Davis wanted him here. Overheard people saying he was ran off by administration or by Davis and that is simply not true. 

No not by admin, or by Davis, he did leave on his own. He was told that Davis was bringing his staff with him and his Daddy was gonna call plays. He was not offered a position...so what you expect!

Fact #1

Administration called him into tell him he did not get the job but they wanted him to stay on the staff. The admin and Davis wanted that. 

Fact #2

Vestal was offered a job to stay on staff. That was a prerequisite for taking the HC job at Central. That he retain ALL assistants from the previous year. Vestal CHOSE to leave as soon as he heard these words "Larry Davis will be calling the plays" and Vestal then said I'm out. It was about a title. That's all. I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets the HC job at  SQHS

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 5/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, OldCharger said:

Fact #1

Administration called him into tell him he did not get the job but they wanted him to stay on the staff. The admin and Davis wanted that. 

Fact #2

Vestal was offered a job to stay on staff. That was a prerequisite for taking the HC job at Central. That he retain ALL assistants from the previous year. Vestal CHOSE to leave as soon as he heard these words "Larry Davis will be calling the plays" and Vestal then said I'm out. It was about a title. That's all. I wish him the best of luck and hope he gets the HC job at  SQHS

Bad news for ya.... all the info you spat is at least 3rd hand. if you are central mcminn or where ever vestal has been call him and ask about the scenario.  He is an honest dude and will tell you if it were about title.  I assume not, considering he is a position coach and had opportunities to be a coordinator.  I tell you what i think...i think he said to me that " i wouldnt want the guy who thins he should have got the job on my staff, as soon as something goes bad the whole thing is a big mess."  he made the best choice for him. sure it would have been his first hc job, but honestly who wants to be at central for the long haul.  You dont get quality coaches as assistant bc they wont let you bring in people....in the building, and the pay is pathetic.  they do not care about wins or losses, the last guy stayed for 10 years and record is awful, derrick was there and did fair at best, but he got out quick too....so come on guys.