Gibson County V. Loretto (2019 Single A Championship)

SuperFan14A

I don't know how much depth is needed when it comes to the state tournament. Obviously, when you reach postseason play, the rotations get shorter and you don't play as much players off the bench. I have looked at the statistics from both games for both teams. First thing I've noticed is that Loretto can rebuild pretty well. They had 38 rebounds against Oneida and 37 rebounds against Greenfield. 

However, Gibson County starters logged 131 minutes (81%) against Summertown (Thursday) and 105 minutes (66%) against Midway (Friday). 

Meanwhile, Loretto starters have combined 116 minutes (73%) against Oneida (Thursday) and 150 minutes (94%) against Greenfield.  

I don't know how much minutes will play a role in this. However, Loretto only went 6 deep against Greenfield and three players played the whole game, while another player played 31 of 32 minutes. I know this girls will be energetic and their adrenaline will be going, but its something to pay somewhat attention to. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I don't know how much depth is needed when it comes to the state tournament. Obviously, when you reach postseason play, the rotations get shorter and you don't play as much players off the bench. I have looked at the statistics from both games for both teams. First thing I've noticed is that Loretto can rebuild pretty well. They had 38 rebounds against Oneida and 37 rebounds against Greenfield. 

However, Gibson County starters logged 131 minutes (81%) against Summertown (Thursday) and 105 minutes (66%) against Midway (Friday). 

Meanwhile, Loretto starters have combined 116 minutes (73%) against Oneida (Thursday) and 150 minutes (94%) against Greenfield.  

I don't know how much minutes will play a role in this. However, Loretto only went 6 deep against Greenfield and three players played the whole game, while another player played 31 of 32 minutes. I know this girls will be energetic and their adrenaline will be going, but its something to pay somewhat attention to. 

We may be pulling for two different teams in the Championship as I am with Gibson County, but I must hand it to you. Your insightful and anlaytical post makes me like you already. You also see the game "inside" the game. I knew the Loretto starters played almost the entire game against Greenfield with that up and down game. I think this will be a good game. Summertown is a good team, Greenfield is a good team, Loretto is a good team, and we are a good team. If Loretto shoots the lights out, like they did in the first half yesterday, we could have some trouble. Expect a little different look than GReenfield gave you in the 1st quarter. Here's to hopefully a great championship game! At the point, it's who has the best day on "this" day. Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

We may be pulling for two different teams in the Championship as I am with Gibson County, but I must hand it to you. Your insightful and anlaytical post makes me like you already. You also see the game "inside" the game. I knew the Loretto starters played almost the entire game against Greenfield with that up and down game. I think this will be a good game. Summertown is a good team, Greenfield is a good team, Loretto is a good team, and we are a good team. If Loretto shoots the lights out, like they did in the first half yesterday, we could have some trouble. Expect a little different look than GReenfield gave you in the 1st quarter. Here's to hopefully a great championship game! At the point, it's who has the best day on "this" day. Good luck. 

I am a neutral fan that just loves basketball so let me join in this lovefest. I think you both nailed it spot on. This year at the boro there were probably 6-7 really good teams, no great teams. Winners were determined by who was on and how the game was called. I think today will be the same. Both are capable of winning it all but Loretto girls did log lot of minutes. Hopefully, they ate some cheeseburgers last night and fueled up. Good luck to both.