Gibson County V. Loretto (2019 Single A Championship)

SuperFan14A

5 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Gibson County is just automatic from the FT line. 10-10 down the stretch of this game. Karly Weathers for Loretto is a player. She alone kept Loretto in the game. K.J. White still done a really nice job of guarding Karly Weathers. Loretto will be back next year in my opinion. A very young team. Gibson County just has a better overall team but don't really have a star player like Karly Weathers from Loretto.

They truly play team ball & depend on everyone that plays to help them win. Congratulations to Gibson County for taking home the 2018-19 Class A State Championship. Karly Weathers was just named MVP. Some may disagree that the MVP shouldn't go to the losing team but Gibson County didn't have a player that was really the MVP so I agree with Karly Weathers getting the MVP.

ditto.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ecu said:

Weathers is definitely the MVP! If not for her this game wouldn't have been close. What a great job of nailing FT by GC. Great day of basketball for all the games.

Yes. All 3 Championship Games were really good games. The Class AA & AAA games really could have went the other way. Both Wesview & Houston could have won those games. Even though I think Loretto had a chance in winning they just needed to much out of Karly Weathers. She done a great job for sure but Gibson County's overall team play & clutch FT shooting was just too much for Loretto.

2 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Yes. All 3 Championship Games were really good games. The Class AA & AAA games really could have went the other way. Both Wesview & Houston could have won those games. Even though I think Loretto had a chance in winning they just needed to much out of Karly Weathers. She done a great job for sure but Gibson County's overall team play & clutch FT shooting was just too much for Loretto.

I knew when GC got to the FT line with the 1 & 1 it was game over.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Game announcers said they were hitting 83% from the FT coming into the Championship Game for the season as a team. That went up a little because they were 10-10 just down the stretch of the game.

Amazing!!!