Gibson County V. Loretto (2019 Single A Championship)

SuperFan14A

2 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Sorry Vandy ,  GC deserved the gold ball and Karly deserved the MVP. Not a better player in the tournament 

as a GC fan....I agree....KJ was prob a close 2nd....but I'll take team championships over individual honors any day...

Other than Weathers, Loretto shot 22%. Gibson County shot over 60% from three and 46% overall. Loretto only had two more fouls than Gibson County, and Gibson County only shot two more free throws than Loretto. I mentioned back on the first page that fatigue could play a factor in this game, especially for Loretto, and I think it did. Victoria Chadwell played 91% of the time (88 of 96 minutes) Karly Weathers played 99% (95 of 96 minutes), that's a lot for a team that hasn't played in three games in a three day stretch since Christmas Break. Even though Karly Weathers played well today, Ke. Weathers, McBee, and Caldwell went a combined 2 for 16 today. 

Needless to say, I am proud of Gibson County. Played well and a team that is amazing from the free throw line. I don't know if any of those players are playing college basketball, but they're one great of a high school basketball team. I'll admit, I didn't believe in them early this season at all.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Other than Weathers, Loretto shot 22%. Gibson County shot over 60% from three and 46% overall. Loretto only had two more fouls than Gibson County, and Gibson County only shot two more free throws than Loretto. I mentioned back on the first page that fatigue could play a factor in this game, especially for Loretto, and I think it did. Victoria Chadwell played 91% of the time (88 of 96 minutes) Karly Weathers played 99% (95 of 96 minutes), that's a lot for a team that hasn't played in three games in a three day stretch since Christmas Break. Even though Karly Weathers played well today, Ke. Weathers, McBee, and Caldwell went a combined 2 for 16 today. 

Needless to say, I am proud of Gibson County. Played well and a team that is amazing from the free throw line. I don't know if any of those players are playing college basketball, but they're one great of a high school basketball team. I'll admit, I didn't believe in them early this season at all.

none of GC's 5 seniors will play college bkb....but Karly sure will...I hope she becomes a Lady Vol....and nobody has mentioned that GC was missing a starting guard tonight...Macy Neal....rolled her ankle last night early in the game and never returned....that just shows how deep GC is....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

Yea that's a low blow.....

other 2 guards had a rough night tonight but did u not watch the rest of their team against Greenfield? 

Cmon man

I don't think he meant his comments to be a low blow to the Loretto team. It showed tonight that Loretto has a star player in Karly Weathers & the rest of the team just didn't have it. I know Loretto is a much better offensive team than what they showed tonight besides Karly Weathers. She had absolutely no support at all in the Championship Game.

I do think Loretto showed signs of fatigue but they played the same amount of games as Gibson County. Loretto will be back strong again next season. I really think they have a very solid chance @ making the state tourney again for 2019-20 season. Karly Weathers will be a Class A Mrs. Basketball Award Finalists I believe in all of her last 3 seasons in high school.  

Edited by tonybologna

10 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

I don't think he meant his comments to be a low blow to the Loretto team. It showed tonight that Loretto has a star player in Karly Weathers & the rest of the team just didn't have it. I know Loretto is a much better offensive team than what they showed tonight besides Karly Weathers. She had absolutely no support at all in the Championship Game.

I do think Loretto showed signs of fatigue but they played the same amount of games as Gibson County. Loretto will be back strong again next season. I really think they have a very solid chance @ making the state tourney again for 2019-20 season. Karly Weathers will be a Class A Mrs. Basketball Award Finalists I believe in all of her last 3 seasons in high school.  

well put tonyb....

Just got in and wanted to give some props to Loretto. Those girls will be around the Glass House again before it's over. Long, lanky, and Karly Weathers was the easy MVP for this tournament. She's a gifted athlete who can flat out ball. Hopefully, we will be back soon. 3 good games today. Very proud of this GC team and the way they've fought all year long and how hard they've played all year long. We got some good ones coming up to help what we have left over....we may be back again real soon. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Just got in and wanted to give some props to Loretto. Those girls will be around the Glass House again before it's over. Long, lanky, and Karly Weathers was the easy MVP for this tournament. She's a gifted athlete who can flat out ball. Hopefully, we will be back soon. 3 good games today. Very proud of this GC team and the way they've fought all year long and how hard they've played all year long. We got some good ones coming up to help what we have left over....we may be back again real soon. 

I don't know who will replace TCA, but it will probably come down to us and Peabody in our district. We will be in Region semis I believe.