Gibson County V. Loretto (2019 Single A Championship)

SuperFan14A

3 hours ago, cofo said:

as a GC fan....I agree....KJ was prob a close 2nd....but I'll take team championships over individual honors any day...

Yep. Rather have 5 or 6 good players than 1 super star anytime. As tonight proved. Granted,  she is definitely going to eventually be a Miss Basketball winner. She is a stud and can pretty much play any position on the floor. She's that good!

Edited by gcfan2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Not1toFwith said:

My point was they've got role players that are good players.  Not average as u stated.  Don't throw shade at Lorettos players just because they got beat by a better team.    Congrats to GC

My point is, it's better to have more than 2 or 3 "go too" players. If one 1 or 2 have a bad night it's going to be difficult. If I said average,  I apologize...I don't think I did if you read my post.  Gibson County was blessed to have 5 or 6 that can all score and contribute in some way. Defensively or offensively. Our scoring has always been pretty equal the whole season. I've watched this team for 30 something years.  We were just blessed to have a team like we did. In 2 years Loretto should be in the same position. I'm not throwing shade on Loretto at all. You guys will be the favorites for the next couple of years. 

Trust me...I'm not one to talk bad about kids that are trying to compete.

Edited by gcfan2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Not all bad calls but the terrible ones again go in GC favor 

Obviously you weren't watching the same game most people watched. All those were text book charges if that's what you are referencing. Down the stretch GC was the best free throw shooting team in the tournament if I had to guess. 

36 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Yep. Rather have 5 or 6 good players than 1 anytime. As tonight proved. Granted,  she is definitely going to eventually be a Miss Basketball winner. She is a stud and can pretty much play any position on the floor. She's that good!

Great single A player, above average in AAA where more talented players are on teams and not just 1 or maybe 2 good players.  Easy to put those numbers up all year when not going up against teams with quality talent.

4 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Not all bad calls but the terrible ones again go in GC favor 

All weekend everyone has complained about how all the fouls went Gibson County's way. Why can't people accept that Gibson County had the deepest best coached and disciplined team there.  Last time I checked, fouls usually equate to free throws and our girl's know that close games are won or lost at the free throw line.  A lot of the fouls came late in their games when they had the other teams on the ropes and that was the only way they were going to be able to win. Basketball 101.

8 minutes ago, EagleOldEyes said:

Great single A player, above average in AAA where more talented players are on teams and not just 1 or maybe 2 good players.  Easy to put those numbers up all year when not going up against teams with quality talent.

Stop trying to punish or discredit Karly Weathers just because she's in Class A & not a higher Class like AA or AAA. It is what it is sir. She's a star basketball player at the Class A level. Stop the nonsense talk!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1MustangFan said:

Every 50/50 foul call has gone against Loretto. Refs helping Gibson Co just like they did the first two games. 

Please get off that soap box .  Too many posters on here that aren't GC fans have concurred coach Wilkins has instilled an aggresive,  but disciplined defense.  They pride themselves on that and free throws because that's usually what wins Championships. How many of those fouls came late in the game when they had the other team on the ropes??? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Stop trying to punish or discredit Karly Weathers just because she's in Class A & not a higher Class like AA or AAA. It is what it is sir. She's a star basketball player at the Class A level. Stop the nonsense talk!

She should have won Miss Basketball IMO.