Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

On 6/3/2019 at 9:54 PM, GCPioneer said:

Westview, Covington, and Dyersburg would be the top 3 in West I would say. Personally, I think this may be one of Westview’s best chances to win the gold.

After watching Westview today, I would agree. The new PG looks more like a freshman in college than a freshman in HS. Unbelievable talent as a freshman.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the Westview freshman PG is special. West TN fans are in for a treat the next 4 years. College-level scorer RIGHT now, and some of the best vision you'll see. She will take lumps early, but I think she is no doubt at worst a high mid-major D1 player.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this and provide attribution for this, but feel I should. If Coach T finds a conflict, I apologize. This is from Tim Lownsdale's site.

Tim Lownsdale.jpg

Cheatam County lose a bunch? I have seen both Macon County and Westview and both are really good. Seen Covington and Dyersburg and they are good teams as well.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this and provide attribution for this, but feel I should. If Coach T finds a conflict, I apologize. This is from Tim Lownsdale's site.

Tim Lownsdale.jpg

Macon, Upperman and Meigs are the 3 best teams in the east, followed by probably Grainger. Put Meigs at 5 and move the rest down. 

Andrew Johnson Classic Greeneville. This will be a great tournament, with some really good teams. I’m interested to see if the AA teams can come out on top.

Archer GA 19-10

Chuckey Doak 2-21

Cocke County 18-10

Dobyns Bennett 28-8

East Hamilton 23-11

Greeneville 16-15

Jefferson County 21-10

Lanier GA 29-3

Meigs County 29-4

Morristown West 22-7

North Greene 28-8

Oak Ridge 33-2

Parkersburg WV 24-1

Rockcastle KY 18-12

South Greene 28-5

Upperman 26-6

West Greene 6-23

19 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Andrew Johnson Classic Greeneville. This will be a great tournament, with some really good teams. I’m interested to see if the AA teams can come out on top.

Archer GA 19-10

Chuckey Doak 2-21

Cocke County 18-10

Dobyns Bennett 28-8

East Hamilton 23-11

Greeneville 16-15

Jefferson County 21-10

Lanier GA 29-3

Meigs County 29-4

Morristown West 22-7

North Greene 28-8

Oak Ridge 33-2

Parkersburg WV 24-1

Rockcastle KY 18-12

South Greene 28-5

Upperman 26-6

West Greene 6-23

Morristown and Oak Ridge, in the past, have been strong in this tourney. They've both lost at least one key player.  Jefferson County can be tough. All three are AAA. This could leave some room for Upperman and Meigs in AA, but I'm not counting out AA a young South Greene either, as they will have "home court" advantage and will have had more experience at that point. Have no idea about the out-of-staters. This is always a good tournament and the organizers were wise to increase the number of teams and to make sure more "local" teams got an invitation.

2 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Morristown and Oak Ridge, in the past, have been strong in this tourney. They've both lost at least one key player.  Jefferson County can be tough. All three are AAA. This could leave some room for Upperman and Meigs in AA, but I'm not counting out AA a young South Greene either, as they will have "home court" advantage and will have had more experience at that point. Have no idea about the out-of-staters. This is always a good tournament and the organizers were wise to increase the number of teams and to make sure more "local" teams got an invitation.

Meigs beat Jefferson County and Rockcastle a few weeks ago by 20. Meigs plays Oak Ridge first game of the season. That should be a really good game, Oak Ridge won last year by about 10, but Oak Ridge lost their best player and Meigs has everyone back.