Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

I don't know what happened to Jefferson County late last year.  I thought they would have gone further than they did in AAA. Not taking anything away  from Meigs.

It is wise for teams to play tough competition early in the season in order to see how they have to improve. The tournament in Greeneville is that type of venue. I'm not sure how the brackets will work this year, since it is a larger field. In the past, they have had to play four games in four days. Gets 'em ready for the state tournament.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, Americal198 said:

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this and provide attribution for this, but feel I should. If Coach T finds a conflict, I apologize. This is from Tim Lownsdale's site.

Tim Lownsdale.jpg

Thanks for posting this!

Meigs is a good team, and capable of beating any of the teams in front of them.

4 hours ago, TLownsdale said:

Thanks for posting this!

Meigs is a good team, and capable of beating any of the teams in front of them.

Tim, I found your preseason poll on South Greene's Booster's Twitter page. Make plans to be at the Ladies Classic in Greeneville this year. I know you were there last year. There will be lots of good teams/games.

5 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I don't know what happened to Jefferson County late last year.  I thought they would have gone further than they did in AAA. Not taking anything away  from Meigs.

It is wise for teams to play tough competition early in the season in order to see how they have to improve. The tournament in Greeneville is that type of venue. I'm not sure how the brackets will work this year, since it is a larger field. In the past, they have had to play four games in four days. Gets 'em ready for the state tournament.

Looking forward to this tournament, never been to it but heard it’s usually a good one.

23 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Tim, I found your preseason poll on South Greene's Booster's Twitter page. Make plans to be at the Ladies Classic in Greeneville this year. I know you were there last year. There will be lots of good teams/games.

I will likely be there again this December. It is one of the best tournaments in the state in terms of community support, atmosphere, and great games.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 11:29 PM, dmm88 said:

Yes, the Westview freshman PG is special. West TN fans are in for a treat the next 4 years. College-level scorer RIGHT now, and some of the best vision you'll see. She will take lumps early, but I think she is no doubt at worst a high mid-major D1 player.

She has already got offers from MTSU and Murray State over the summer! It will be fun to watch her develop even more over the next four years!!

Ask the  Westview AD to call Coach Trevathan and schedule Greenfield this year? We could fill the UTM gym up and donate the gate money to St Jude.  It would be an awesome game and both teams would benefit from the game.  Its really sad that we don't play, both teams have a real chance to be state champions this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Ask the  Westview AD to call Coach Trevathan and schedule Greenfield this year? We could fill the UTM gym up and donate the gate money to St Jude.  It would be an awesome game and both teams would benefit from the game.  Its really sad that we don't play, both teams have a real chance to be state champions this year.

I have always wondered why they never played. I know they usually do a scrimmage together before the season but never play an actual game during the year. Not sure the reasoning with this

On 7/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Amazing the two don't play. I am disappointed we are not playing Huntingdon this year because of an incident last year in a boys game that disqualified some players a couple of games. Both Greenfield and Westview will be top two in State for sure in polls. In no particular order it will be Greenfield and Loretto and Westview and Macon County. Going to be interesting to see how the Dresden transfer mixes in with an already loaded offensive team. Moore, Darby, young Darby, Biggs and Crouse can score too. Going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. Didn't Greenfield play in Westview's Thanksgiving tournament last year. Didn't South Side and Westview play what could have been Greenfield and Westview?

Edited by pioneer42

• 2 months later...
On 10/28/2019 at 10:22 PM, Dadof2 said:

Just some of the teams on the schedule this year for Meigs County.

Oak Ridge. Away  

Bradley Central.  home and away 

Grainger.  Neutral 

Farragut. Away

South Greene. Neutral 

and depending on how they do in tournaments, they could play some more big name teams. 

I checked Coach T's Meigs schedule and it appears they are playing AT Grainger. Grainger is not a young team anymore and should be one of the best AA teams in the east this season. The game with Meigs will be a good one.