Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

15 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I've seen Grainger play last year. They are scary just watching them in warm ups. It did not surprise me that they went to State.  Top 5s and Top 10s change, just like the weather.

This thread is for predictions. Grainger will be there at the end of the season.

Grainger does have the easiest path to the state, and Meigs getting beat like they are is kinda shocking.

34 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I've seen Grainger play last year. They are scary just watching them in warm ups. It did not surprise me that they went to State.  Top 5s and Top 10s change, just like the weather.

This thread is for predictions. Grainger will be there at the end of the season.

I think SG and Grainger will both go, I really don’t see anyone else that will challenge them.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Farragut is one of the best 3A teams in the East. I had a feeling it would happen after just playing Grainger. 

Farragut vs Meigs is "apples and oranges". Same as Farragut and Grainger. That's the meaning of different classifications.

What I can't comprehend is the TSSAA sanctioning teams playing two games on the same day. It proves nothing.

Edited by Americal198
paragraph

On 11/23/2019 at 5:21 PM, Dadof2 said:

I think Grainger and Meigs are outside the top 5. Meigs led for most of the game, but they were dead in the 4th quarter. Meigs is just poorly coached.

I guess Grainger wasn't tired from playing Farragut that morning? Pretty sure that was Meigs first game of the day and Grainger's 2nd.  I believe that had a little to do with how that game went early.  However, Meigs Co. is a really good team! They play extremely hard on both ends of the floor.  When it's all said and done they will have plenty to say who plays in the state tournament, would not be surprised to see them there.  Plus it's November! Come February no one will remember November. 

27 minutes ago, SACFLY said:

I guess Grainger wasn't tired from playing Farragut that morning? Pretty sure that was Meigs first game of the day and Grainger's 2nd.  I believe that had a little to do with how that game went early.  However, Meigs Co. is a really good team! They play extremely hard on both ends of the floor.  When it's all said and done they will have plenty to say who plays in the state tournament, would not be surprised to see them there.  Plus it's November! Come February no one will remember November. 

Good post! a Basketball has the luxury of building a team with game time lessons.  A loss is not as detrimental at the first of the season.  Meigs will be a tough opponent when all is said and done.  

15 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I don’t know, looks like they struggled with a way down McMinn Central tonight, and South Greene got beat by Oak Ridge tonight by 20, I was surprised by that to.

I wasn't surprised by the South Greene loss. I'm not worried about it, either. Oak Ridge has always been tough. They'll win a lot of games this season. South Greene is young and somewhat inexperienced. They start three juniors and two sophomores. Morristown West beat South Greene three times in 2015 and Oak Ridge beat them in the Ladies Classic the following year. All that proves is that even though SG has trouble against AAA schools, they were still capable of going on to win two Class A state titles those two years. I'm not forecasting the same success for SG this season, but I believe by tournament time, they'll be much improved.