Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

17 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I’m a East TN fan and I don’t know much about west TN besides what I read, so you probably know more than I do, but I think I will be pretty close from the Middle East, but anything can happen. Just thought I would get the 2A talk going, it’s been a little dead lately.

When Grainger plays well - none of the East TN teams can beat them - they have so many weapons.  The GP win over Northview last night was interesting.  I have not been sold on NV because their strength of schedule doesn’t look that great.  Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, eastten said:

I think strength of schedule may wind up hurting some of these "dominate" teams down the road. At least it has the past few years. Wins and impressive records are nice and all but not when you play struggling single A teams for half of your non-conference schedule. 

I agree, that’s why I didn’t even put much stock in rankings, they usually just look at record, for example look at Tellico they have a good record so they rank them in the top ten of 1A, but if you watch them play and watch some of the true top teams in 1A you will see the difference, and they same can be said for Sullivan Central, but when tournament time gets here it will work it’s self out.

3 hours ago, Greenecounty said:

When Grainger plays well - none of the East TN teams can beat them - they have so many weapons.  The GP win over Northview last night was interesting.  I have not been sold on NV because their strength of schedule doesn’t look that great.  Am I missing something?

Actually Northview strength of schedule is 39th and Grainger is at 44th, and Grainger only beat GP by 3 the first time and 7 the last time. I actually think there’s 3 to 4 teams that can beat Grainger, and that’s why I’m going with Northview and Alcoa to advance to state.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Actually Northview strength of schedule is 39th and Grainger is at 44th, and Grainger only beat GP by 3 the first time and 7 the last time. I actually think there’s 3 to 4 teams that can beat Grainger, and that’s why I’m going with Northview and Alcoa to advance to state.

Can we all just agree the rankings and strength of schedule on CoachT means nothing? Teams that have great records and don’t play good teams are going to be ranked higher. Playing a “ranked” team from A is a little different than playing even average AAA teams, thus skewing both ranking and strength of schedule. Bottom line, post-season should be fun. 

What are Alcoa and Northviews best two wins of the year so far?

Edited by eastten
Typo

14 minutes ago, eastten said:

Can we all just agree the rankings and strength of schedule on CoachT means nothing? Teams that have great records and don’t play good teams are going to be ranked higher. Playing a “ranked” team from A is a little different than playing even average AAA teams, this skewing both ranking and strength of schedule. Bottom line, post-season should be fun. 

What are Alcoa and Northviews best wins? 

The rankings on here I don’t pay attention too.  

2 hours ago, eastten said:

Can we all just agree the rankings and strength of schedule on CoachT means nothing? Teams that have great records and don’t play good teams are going to be ranked higher. Playing a “ranked” team from A is a little different than playing even average AAA teams, thus skewing both ranking and strength of schedule. Bottom line, post-season should be fun. 

Grainger is a good team and has a chance. The only reason I think Alcoa is because they have played some good teams close, they lost to Farragut by 10 Grainger lost to Farragut by 15, Alcoa also played Upperman close losing by 4, and I know that’s not the Upperman of old, but still a good team. Region 1 and 2 will definitely be interesting 

4 hours ago, eastten said:

#1 through #3 in any of the classifications is about all you can count on here, unapproved website, or AP poll.  SOS is a joke on here!

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

#1 through #3 in any of the classifications is about all you can count on here, unapproved website, or AP poll.  SOS is a joke on here!

You can downplay the SOS on here all you want, but if you follow girls BB closely, you'll find that it's not that far off in most instances. You just have to take into consideration what areas in the state that teams play!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 12:36 PM, Dadof2 said:

Grainger was ahead of GP by 16 in the 3rd Qtr. This is Grainger's coach second year coaching basketball and normally plays everyone...….This could bite him but Grainger did win convincingly.  I have watched them play several games.....If he leaves his starters or top 6 players in for extended minutes I don't see anyone is East TN beating them this time of the year.  Everyone I s/w says the Greeneville loss was a crazy bad game.

Edited by VFL365