Never too early...AA Predictions 2019-2020

MCFAN3

2 hours ago, Americal198 said:

South Greene graduates four seniors, including Miss Basketball finalist, Braelyn Wykle. Next year's team will include no seniors. I'm not convinced that this year's younger players will have matured enough to make it to the state.

You can point to the 2016 Class A championship team when SG had no seniors, but that team included Taylor Lamb, Lindsay Cutshaw and Wykle.

There may be a player or two who will come in as Freshman and will make a difference next year. I hope so, but getting to the state is not an easy task. South Greene is more likely to make "state" when this year's sophomores are seniors.

I believe that next season's dominant team in the East will be Grainger. I've seen them play twice this year and they will be older and improved next season.

We remember all to well the 2016 State Championship. Two really talented teams battling it out. I don't know if Taylor Lamb missed a shot that day. Yow beat a really talented GC team that was 37-0 going into that game. Really good South Green team as well.

Edited by pioneer42

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

We remember all to well the 2016 State Championship. Two really talented teams battling it out. I don't know if Taylor Lamb missed a shot that day. Yow beat a really talented GC team that was 37-0 going into that game. Really good South Green team as well.

One heckofa game. South Greene surprised many people that year. They'll be competitive this year, but I'm not going to make any bold predictions.

On 3/18/2019 at 7:26 PM, MAD SCIENCE said:

I know Coach Powell pretty well, and take offence to your comment! I'd say he has done better then any coach in that district with the talent he has the last couple of years.

If you are offended by my opinion then that's something you need to deal with. Most area fans agree with me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, CG43 said:

From our end of the state:

1. Macon

2. Meigs

3. Upperman

4. South Greene

5. Northview

Grainger only loses one kid.  I would expect them to be a very strong contender.

Edited by VFL365
Forgot a word.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

He should have every girl back plus hearing they added a big girl transfer. Might just be rumor though but sounded legit. 

The rumors are true. I think she’s coming from Watertown. Can’t remember which girl she is, but she won most improved on their team last season. It should help the Tigerettes big time going into the season this winter

On 4/18/2019 at 9:49 AM, VFL365 said:

Grainger only loses one kid.  I would expect them to be a very strong contender.

I think Grainger is better than South Greene and Northview and is being overlooked in Upper E Tenn. If Macon gets a transfer low chance for teams in the talent rich, competitive Middle Tenn area. West Tenn ,Westview seems like they get to glass house every year ,will be back. 

8 hours ago, MCFAN3 said:

She’s a forward. She’s really quick for her size. This could be the missing piece that the Tigerettes have been looking for.

Recent changes at Upperman will help MC.   Another post player will definitely help MC on the title run.  But you better not sleep on Dekalb this year.  Agee coming back from injury.  And Ferrel has been killing it this summer.  They may be the team that pushes MC in 8AA.