Bradley Bearettes - 2019 AAA State Champs

FootballFan51

They let them play physical all game so why call petty foul at end of game? Had walker not goit in foul trouble it wouldntve been that close. Nobody evervrespec6s great teams like Bradley. Just because they have a bunch of "no names" doesn't mean they can't win. Basketball is a team game and they have several players that can get the job done. Roberts, mayo, hughes, (great at lock down defense), Blair, walker great shooters, Lombard all around player. Their bench watches and learns from the starters. Expect great this us for years to come from Bradley. 

9 minutes ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

They let them play physical all game so why call petty foul at end of game? Had walker not goit in foul trouble it wouldntve been that close. Nobody evervrespec6s great teams like Bradley. Just because they have a bunch of "no names" doesn't mean they can't win. Basketball is a team game and they have several players that can get the job done. Roberts, mayo, hughes, (great at lock down defense), Blair, walker great shooters, Lombard all around player. Their bench watches and learns from the starters. Expect great this us for years to come from Bradley. 

I wouldn't say grabbing her arm in that situation is a petty foul. I have heard no one disrespect them, they have a very good team. Congratulations!

1 minute ago, ecu said:

I wouldn't say grabbing her arm in that situation is a petty foul. I have heard no one disrespect them, they have a very good team. Congratulations!

The person thast said Bradley would allow more than 50 to Houston and said Blair wouldn't drive right. She did that several times and Houston only scored 44. The reason Bradley lost to hpouston last year was it was obvious Howard was getti ng the ball. Reuter rarely loses to th e same team 2 times, oak ridge has a great record against him because their coach, former bearettes, knows the system., he has yet to play Riverdale and maybe next year they can play each other in a tournament or have home and home schedule with region 4 district 7 teams. But holiday tournament with district 7 teams would be better. The trip to Phoenix helped them this year too I think.  

1 hour ago, Bearettesalltheway said:

Houston will be a great team just because they dethroned Riverdale. I love watching them play. I hope they can play breadley in a Christmas or something. NOW may be Bradley will get the #1 in state ranking when final poll comes out Monday.  I wasnt too far pff on my score prediction either and I said Houston wouldn't score 50 on that defense but nobody believed me

Some of your comments are a little off the wall, but you have been 100% right on Bradley’s defense & holding opponents to low scoring games. You even won some money if the Oak Ridge person will pay up on keeping under 50 points  -LOL

Edited by FootballFan51

13 hours ago, FootballFan51 said:

1, it was a walk

2. The official didn’t make the 3 point shot with 2 seconds left

That was an amazing shot.  I said they played great all day!  The came back several times.  But there was a lot of contact in that trap, she split the trap, and passed out of it. That’s a foul or no call if you ask me.  But I didn’t say that to take away from what the players did.  I said it changed the game.  It was a foul situation and BC was playing very aggressive and a lot of contact looking for a foul or TO.  They got it and that was a beautiful shot.  Big time shot!   But that doesn’t mean doofus made a good call.  Great season for Bradley!

Not a fan of either team. There was no travel and also no foul imo. A player can lift their pivot foot off the floor and either pass or shoot. it is not a travel until pivot foot comes back to the court. She stepped twice with her non pivot foot and may have confused the official with the three steps. Seems a shame to end a final this way. I'm sure that wasn't the only call missed in the game.

3 hours ago, Deplorableone said:

Not a fan of either team. There was no travel and also no foul imo. A player can lift their pivot foot off the floor and either pass or shoot. it is not a travel until pivot foot comes back to the court. She stepped twice with her non pivot foot and may have confused the official with the three steps. Seems a shame to end a final this way. I'm sure that wasn't the only call missed in the game.

1. This isn’t a thread about officiating. Yes there were calls missed both ways including a big walk by Houston in the last minutes under the goal that was not called and resulted in a 3 pointer by Houston.  There is another thread on officiating, so if you want to gripe, pout or make excuses due to officiating, please use that thread & not this thread I started. 

2. The final didn’t end with this call. A player made a 3 point shot with 2 seconds left & a tough defense then forced a 5 second call on the inbounds to end the finals.

3. This thread was created to celebrate a State Championship by a very worthy team. There were several really good teams who were also just as good and maybe just as worthy, but only one team can put all the pieces of the puzzle together (bad calls and all) and walk away as Champions. History will show that this year it was Bradley Central. 

4. Best wishes to you all as you prepare for next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1