Bradley Bearettes - 2019 AAA State Champs

FootballFan51

On 3/9/2019 at 6:25 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Gary Ownby (voice of the Bears & Bearettes) told a great story after the Oak Ridge game last night & it was an amazing parallel. 

He said that when the greatest QB in Tennessee football history concluded his career, not many people thought they would get that close again. But Tee Martin & the 1998 team believed in themselves & won a National Championship. 

People knew Bradley would have a good team this year & win the District & maybe the Region this year, but nobody outside the program thought they would hoist Bradley’s 6th Gold Ball this year, after losing Rhyne Howard. 

Great lesson for all of us! 

Good article on Rhyne Howard & her impact on the Bradley girls this year. 

http://clevelandbanner.com/stories/howard-key-part-of-bearette-success,95763

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, FootballFan51 said:

1, it was a walk

2. The official didn’t make the 3 point shot with 2 seconds left

If the walk is called, there is likely no three point shot made with 2 seconds. When you look at the replay, it should have either been 1) no call 2) timeout granted to Houston, or 3) foul called before the pass is made. All of those end up in Houston winning the game.

Spilled milk, Bradley won the game...

On 3/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, FootballFan51 said:

1. This isn’t a thread about officiating. Yes there were calls missed both ways including a big walk by Houston in the last minutes under the goal that was not called and resulted in a 3 pointer by Houston.  There is another thread on officiating, so if you want to gripe, pout or make excuses due to officiating, please use that thread & not this thread I started. 

2. The final didn’t end with this call. A player made a 3 point shot with 2 seconds left & a tough defense then forced a 5 second call on the inbounds to end the finals.

3. This thread was created to celebrate a State Championship by a very worthy team. There were several really good teams who were also just as good and maybe just as worthy, but only one team can put all the pieces of the puzzle together (bad calls and all) and walk away as Champions. History will show that this year it was Bradley Central. 

4. Best wishes to you all as you prepare for next year. 

You seem kinda tender about this topic. I didn't start the debate or conversation about travel/foul with 11 seconds left. I was not griping pouting or making excuses about the game. I didn't care who won and I was simply sharing a view from a neutral perspective. You obviously don't have a neutral perspective. I thought it was humorous that one side is convinced there was a walk and the other equally convinced there was a foul and I say there was neither.