Gibson County Class A State Champions!

gcfan2

What a weekend for basketball.  All 3 of the finals were excellent games to watch. Fouls and officiating are part of the game. Also, what's part of the game is how you handle it. Gibson County was blessed to have a seasoned, game tested squad this weekend. FYI....they beat Martin Westview twice,  and Southside  both AA teams. TCA twice, Peabody twice Summertown once and Greenfield once.  The defending state champion! During the regular season. Great to be a Pioneer!  Also, kudos to Martin Westview for bringing home the Silver Ball against a quality team to West Tennessee.

5 hours ago, gcfan2 said:

What a weekend for basketball.  All 3 of the finals were excellent games to watch. Fouls and officiating are part of the game. Also, what's part of the game is how you handle it. Gibson County was blessed to have a seasoned, game tested squad this weekend. FYI....they beat Martin Westview twice,  and Southside  both AA teams. TCA twice, Peabody twice Summertown once and Greenfield once.  The defending state champion! During the regular season. Great to be a Pioneer!  Also, kudos to Martin Westview for bringing home the Silver Ball against a quality team to West Tennessee.

Shows that hard work pays off. These girls, coaches and fans will never forget this year. 

23 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Congratulations to GC!  Well deserved state championship. I don’t think there was any doubt this year as to where the true powers were in Class A. 

Thanks brother. Clarkrange was a tough team. They beat us in Murfreesboro this summer by 10 or 11 and beat Macon, maybe Riverdale. They were the talk of the camp. They had an off day against Greenfield but they will be back. I think your girls actually made Greenfield use so much energy they were a different team against Loretto. I think your region has had terrible luck with draws the last several years with Pickett County and you guys this year. Greenfield, Clarkrange and Loretto will be the top three in the state  in no particular order next season and will be the favorites.

Edited by pioneer42

Congratulations to Gibson County. Great team and well deserved gold ball. Several great teams in the tournament, some had off games at the wrong time, but the best team there won. Can't anybody ever take the fun and excitement of getting that gold ball away from these young ladies. Proud for Single A to be represented by this team as State Champions. 

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Thanks brother. Clarkrange was a tough team. They beat us in Murfreesboro this summer by 10 or 11 and beat Macon, maybe Riverdale. They were the talk of the camp. They had an off day against Greenfield but they will be back. I think your girls actually made Greenfield use so much energy they were a different team against Loretto. I think your region has had terrible luck with draws the last several years with Pickett County and you guys this year. Greenfield, Clarkrange and Loretto will be the top three in the state  in no particular order next season and will be the favorites.

Yeah Clarkrange will be back. You dont win that many games and some against much larger schools. All you have to do is look at the number of state tournament appearances and titles to think they won't be back. Pioneer42 its unfortunate that that particular day was the day they would have one of their worst games. It happens to every team, but it's harder to swallow when it happens in Murfreesboro. 

Congrats to a very good Gibson team on their state championship last night.  They are well coached and play hard.  My Loretto team had a great year and I'm so proud of them.  Karly Weather's showed what she's capable of doing.  We have 4 other good starters, plus 2 injured players that will be back and push them for their spots.   Having to beat Greenfield and Gibson County on back to back nights was a tall order.  See ya in the Boro next year !

1 hour ago, gcfan2 said:

Yeah Clarkrange will be back. You dont win that many games and some against much larger schools. All you have to do is look at the number of state tournament appearances and titles to think they won't be back. Pioneer42 its unfortunate that that particular day was the day they would have one of their worst games. It happens to every team, but it's harder to swallow when it happens in Murfreesboro. 

We didn't play our best game against Greenfield that's for sure, but hopefully we will get back and do better next time. It shows a lot of class for you and Pioneer42 to take the time to post encouragement and say kind words about our girls on here. Unfortunately, nowdays none of the teams see that enough from others. Thank you and again Congratulations to Gibson County. 

3 hours ago, gogold said:

Congrats to a very good Gibson team on their state championship last night.  They are well coached and play hard.  My Loretto team had a great year and I'm so proud of them.  Karly Weather's showed what she's capable of doing.  We have 4 other good starters, plus 2 injured players that will be back and push them for their spots.   Having to beat Greenfield and Gibson County on back to back nights was a tall order.  See ya in the Boro next year !

2 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

We didn't play our best game against Greenfield that's for sure, but hopefully we will get back and do better next time. It shows a lot of class for you and Pioneer42 to take the time to post encouragement and say kind words about our girls on here. Unfortunately, nowdays none of the teams see that enough from others. Thank you and again Congratulations to Gibson County. 

Appreciate the kind words!! Loretta, Clarkrange, Summertown, GC, Greenfield all look to be around a while with lots of youth around. Will be some good basketball for a while!!!

3 hours ago, Ringmaster17 said:

Trust me, I understand how it feels. I have been to every one of Gibson County's state tournaments. We have experienced it all. From 33 and 0, to one and done in our first game. Buzzer beaters! Difficult seedings and playing our worst possible game at the worst time. It hurts no other way to put it.

57 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Congratulations to Gibson County. You have a great group of girls who bought in to your coach and played some awesome defense, he is a great coach. GC fans are a classy bunch and they know there basketball, you deserved it. Great year! it. Great year!

Thank you brother!!! I have been crying for two days off and on. It is a very special moment. Thanks be to God!!