Class A Predictions 2019-2020

pioneer42

My assessment for the 2019-2020 season. This is just based on what I seen over the weekend and this year. Greenfield needs to get more consistent defensively. Obviously the Loretto game proves when you don't shoot your best you need the defense to carry you some times. Loretto needs to have more consistent scoring besides Weathers and become more quicker and better defensively. Clarkrange needs to have more consistent offense besides the Monday's to add balance and take pressure off. GC will need to continue to play a high level of defense losing some great defenders and need some freshman and sophomores to step up for depth. Can they? Think there offense will be there. Summertown needs to get better ball handling and handle pressure better as it seems they have some good pieces to do well. Huntingdon, Gleason, Peabody, Clay County, Dresden and others will be in the mix as well. The favorites I think with less ??? marks will be Greenfield. Loretto and Clarkrange with GC and Summertown close behind. This is as if the season started tommorow and is all subject to change as young players will get their chances and 8th graders will become freshman. Should be another very competitive year for all with the talent pool across TN. Any thoughts?

Edited by pioneer42

I know a lot of people will ride the Loretto train next year, and Gibson County have everything it takes to be back at Murfreesboro next year. However, if I had to say the team with the best chance to win state, I’ll still go Greenfield. Not winning state tournament this year will give Moore McNeil and the Darby sisters tons of motivation to win it next year.

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I know a lot of people will ride the Loretto train next year, and Gibson County have everything it takes to be back at Murfreesboro next year. However, if I had to say the team with the best chance to win state, I’ll still go Greenfield. Not winning state tournament this year will give Moore McNeil and the Darby sisters tons of motivation to win it next year.

I will agree with that!!! Think Greenfield needs to get more consistent defensively. Them and Loretto will be the favorites no doubt.

Clay Co loses almost 4000 career points.... they'll take a step back but a ton of good talent coming.

Clarkrange loses two key leaders but I'm hearing they could get 1 if not 2 immediate impact freshman.

Pickett loses only one senior but it was Aaliyah Brown... who averaged almost 20 a game... will their 2021 class ever live up to the hype?

RBS could be a darkhorse moving forward.... Mckinney is the Rodney Pile of the girls side

7 hours ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

Clay Co loses almost 4000 career points.... they'll take a step back but a ton of good talent coming.

Clarkrange loses two key leaders but I'm hearing they could get 1 if not 2 immediate impact freshman.

Pickett loses only one senior but it was Aaliyah Brown... who averaged almost 20 a game... will their 2021 class ever live up to the hype?

RBS could be a darkhorse moving forward.... Mckinney is the Rodney Pile of the girls side

1 hour ago, Indian said:

Watch out for South Magnet/Prep starting up in Memphis. 

Surprised Clay County wasn't there this year. Memphis Business Academy was a beast this year. Who is South Magnet/Prep? Going to be interesting to see what happens with Clarkrange, Pickett and that district. They have been snakebit with bad draws. Huntingdon will give Loretto or Summertown all they want next year. They will be strong. Gleason, Dresden and Peabody will be tough. Five seniors for GC will be missed especially defensively but GC will reload the cannon. GC's JV didn't lose a game last year. They played Dyersburg and South Side 5 or 6 times a piece as well as Westview. Madison Hart is a beast post and I predict will be a Miss. Basketball candidate by her junior year. Bass, Sweat, Neal and Hunt can all put up big numbers offensively. GC will most definitely have to improve their defense but they will be a tough out by February next year I predict. Going to be fun. We start AAU/play days a week from this Saturday.