Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

22 minutes ago, gogold said:

I thought Huntingdon lost a player or 2 off their starters.  I'm sure they will be part of the Region talk when we get there.  McKenzie may make some noise too.  With Loretto and Summertown in the cat bird seats in District 12, it ought to be a good one.  I'm so glad we don't have to make that drive this next season !  Man, that was rough !

Huntingdon lost Allie Jones who was a good player but will keep all their other girls. Kacy Fuller was very serviceable against Summertown but she was still not 100%. Kid is probably the fastest in the state. Huntingdon would have been a ton better if she hadn't got hurt this past summer. 

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Huntingdon lost Allie Jones who was a good player but will keep all their other girls. Kacy Fuller was very serviceable against Summertown but she was still not 100%. Kid is probably the fastest in the state. Huntingdon would have been a ton better if she hadn't got hurt this past summer. 

Changing the subject but I saw Fuller hit the longest homerun I've seen in a while against Scotts Hill at Lexington new park. She hit it over the flagpole in center. She don't slap it she gets a running start to crush it.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Changing the subject but I saw Fuller hit the longest homerun I've seen in a while against Scotts Hill at Lexington new park. She hit it over the flagpole in center. She don't slap it she gets a running start to crush it.

Good for her. I hope she has recovered from the knee injury. Hate to see anyone get hurt.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Not1toFwith said:

What abt Pickett, TCA , Clay and Peabody?    Dk what all they lost to graduation    

Also, I look for Huntingdon to throw themselves back in the mix 

Clarkrange lost two starters and won't be as good as this year unless they get some transfers. They still will have a great shot of going back to the state as they have 3 outstanding starters. Pickett Co lost one starter but she was their top scorer. They will still be  young but very good and also have a great shot at going to their 5th state tournament in 6 years. Clay Co lost their top 2 players and will be good but most likely can't beat PC or Clarkrange.

On 3/13/2019 at 2:26 PM, gogold said:

Seems like teams coming back are Greenfield, Gibson Co, Clarkrange, Summertown, Loretto,  Clay, Dresden, Peabody, Huntingdon, and  Oneida.   Did any of these teams loses key players going into this coming year.  I know Loretto loses one senior reserve post player Ridgeway.

Not Clay. Pickett County should be back again. Clarkrange loses two very good starters. But they should be back.

If I had a pre-season poll I would pick Greenfield and Loretto as the top 2 in no particular order for the fact that they are losing nobody. GC will reload and might not be as good early next year but I expect them to be tough as nails come Tournament time if they stay healthy. GC will be long next year. 5'8, 5'9, 5'6, 5'10 and 5'11. They will be good offensively but will have to get better defensively.

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

If I had a pre-season poll I would pick Greenfield and Loretto as the top 2 in no particular order for the fact that they are losing nobody. GC will reload and might not be as good early next year but I expect them to be tough as nails come Tournament time if they stay healthy. GC will be long next year. 5'8, 5'9, 5'6, 5'10 and 5'11. They will be good offensively but will have to get better defensively.

I agree on the top 2. Both teams are outstanding. West Tennessee is loaded with solid teams for 2019-2020. Huntingdon Fillies could make a run if our new coach can get his system installed effectively this summer. He may coach 30 more years and not have this much talent. Also hearing rumors that the Fillies are getting a transfer guard that's good!

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I agree on the top 2. Both teams are outstanding. West Tennessee is loaded with solid teams for 2019-2020. Huntingdon Fillies could make a run if our new coach can get his system installed effectively this summer. He may coach 30 more years and not have this much talent. Also hearing rumors that the Fillies are getting a transfer guard that's good!

We were talking about Huntingdon at the banquet last night. I look for Huntingdon to be tough as nails too. A healthy Fuller goes a long way. Another guard will help. He beat us year before last in the championship of a Christmas Tournament and he beat Westview last year. Will have a lot more talent in Huntingdon than he did at Obion. Look for Huntingdon's girls basketball to play a ton year round. Great hire by Huntingdon!!

Edited by pioneer42

On 4/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, pioneer42 said:

I think Loretto is the team to beat. After seeing them, Greenfield and Gibson County in Murfreesboro, I am still shocked that  Loretto didn't beat Gibson County. Congratulations to Gibson County, but I think Loretto will win it all next year with Greenfield the 2nd choice. Pickett County should be back next year at state, but will have everyone back the next year and should have a shot at the title in 2020-2021...their possible 6th.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:26 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

I think Loretto is the team to beat. After seeing them, Greenfield and Gibson County in Murfreesboro, I am still shocked that  Loretto didn't beat Gibson County. Congratulations to Gibson County, but I think Loretto will win it all next year with Greenfield the 2nd choice. Pickett County should be back next year at state, but will have everyone back the next year and should have a shot at the title in 2020-2021...their possible 6th.

Loretto had a lot of scoring from all their players against Greenfield but other players weren't factors against us. Weathers will have to try and keep her teammates more involved and not try to do it all herself, but Loretto will be tough I agree. I figure Clarkrange will be good as well. Will be interesting.

On 5/1/2019 at 10:38 PM, pioneer42 said:

Loretto had a lot of scoring from all their players against Greenfield but other players weren't factors against us. Weathers will have to try and keep her teammates more involved and not try to do it all herself, but Loretto will be tough I agree. I figure Clarkrange will be good as well. Will be interesting.

Three of the top players were 1 for 17 in shooting in that game.  I know most of the shots taken were good ones, they just wouldn't fall.  That was an unusual game with these 3 girls.  They normally carried their weight through out the season, just like they did against Greenfield.   I'll take this group with Karly anytime and any game.