Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

20 hours ago, gogold said:

Three of the top players were 1 for 17 in shooting in that game.  I know most of the shots taken were good ones, they just wouldn't fall.  That was an unusual game with these 3 girls.  They normally carried their weight through out the season, just like they did against Greenfield.   I'll take this group with Karly anytime and any game.

Loretto will remember the loss as we did two years ago after we lost to Greenfield and use it as motivation this summer working out I would bet. We beat a really talented team in the semis in Middleton in 2016 and came up a little short against South Green in the title game so I know how you guys feel. Loretto has the state's respect for sure. Bad thing about it for us and the rest of the state is that yow are only going to get better. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Loretto will remember the loss as we did two years ago after we lost to Greenfield and use it as motivation this summer working out I would bet. We beat a really talented team in the semis in Middleton in 2016 and came up a little short against South Green in the title game so I know how you guys feel. Loretto has the state's respect for sure. Bad thing about it for us and the rest of the state is that yow are only going to get better. 

Appreciate those words Pioneer.  I still think it was a tough order catching and having to beat Greenfield and then our prize was having to playing you !  lol !   That was NO prize what so ever.  Good luck to your team this summer and this year.  These Loretto girls will be working hard with a chip on their shoulder.

11 hours ago, gogold said:

Appreciate those words Pioneer.  I still think it was a tough order catching and having to beat Greenfield and then our prize was having to playing you !  lol !   That was NO prize what so ever.  Good luck to your team this summer and this year.  These Loretto girls will be working hard with a chip on their shoulder.

Greenfield had a bad bad draw and you guys had a bad draw. We had one three years ago. We obviously would have had Clay County in our bracket had they not lost to Eagleville. 

2 hours ago, BullShark said:

I think Loretto, Greenfield, Huntingdon, GC and Clarkrange will make deep runs in 2020.  I gotta believe one of these 5 will bring home the gold ball.

I believe you are right. For the record, GC hasn't lost an AAU game yet without a starter and another that will be in the rotation. We beat Riverside, AR HS's AAU team on their home floor and their ref's in a dogfight yesterday. Riverside was a very good team that won Runner Up in the 2 A state tournament in Arkansas. GC definitely will have to get grittier on defense and take charges etc.. But thus far I have been impressed how good they are this early after being out a month or so. Huntingdon will be tough with Wilkins there as they will play upbeat and faster and play a lot. Clarkrange is always a threat to win the Gold Ball. Loretto and Greenfield will be 1 and 2 either or in a pre-season poll. Both are losing no one and are loaded. Going to be fun. I am looking forward to summer camps only about 3-4 weeks away. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 5/5/2019 at 1:24 PM, pioneer42 said:

I believe you are right. For the record, GC hasn't lost an AAU game yet without a starter and another that will be in the rotation. We beat Riverside, AR HS's AAU team on their home floor and their ref's in a dogfight yesterday. Riverside was a very good team that won Runner Up in the 2 A state tournament in Arkansas. GC definitely will have to get grittier on defense and take charges etc.. But thus far I have been impressed how good they are this early after being out a month or so. Huntingdon will be tough with Wilkins there as they will play upbeat and faster and play a lot. Clarkrange is always a threat to win the Gold Ball. Loretto and Greenfield will be 1 and 2 either or in a pre-season poll. Both are losing no one and are loaded. Going to be fun. I am looking forward to summer camps only about 3-4 weeks away. 

Clarkrange lost two starters and have no players as good to replace them. They still will be good enough to  make the tournament, but on't be as good as they were this year.

On 5/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, BullShark said:

I think Loretto, Greenfield, Huntingdon, GC and Clarkrange will make deep runs in 2020.  I gotta believe one of these 5 will bring home the gold ball.

Clarkrange will be down a little next year after losing two good starters. They don't have any players as good to replace them. But either they, or Pickett County (lost 1 starter from a 23-6 team) or Eagleville will be two of the teams going from our area.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

Clarkrange will be down a little next year after losing two good starters. They don't have any players as good to replace them. But either they, or Pickett County (lost 1 starter from a 23-6 team) or Eagleville will be two of the teams going from our area.

Eagleville is young and on the rise I believe. Clarkrange and Pickett County will always be tough.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County will be a factor as well. Although they lost a couple of key players they are still very good and playing AAU ball at a high level. 

On 5/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County will be a factor as well. Although they lost a couple of key players they are still very good and playing AAU ball at a high level. 

Obviously a shocker when they got knocked out in the sub-state. We would have been in the same bracket had that not happend.

• 2 weeks later...

Viewed a bit of summer ball over @ Bethel monday afternoon. Huntingdon looked good as did Trenton. Peabody did a good job penetrating the Fillie defense. They've got very good quickness. Mckenzie looked OK but we missing a couple starters. Clarksburg may surprise some folks. Pretty solid team. Bradford looked OK. South Gibson has a lot of work to do. Fillies probably looked to be the best team I saw. Girls seem to be buying in to coach Wilkins system. Reed and Swenson are elevating their game. Very talented duo.