Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

12 hours ago, hoopfever said:

I watched TCA and Gleason play a couple of days ago at a team camp. It was a great game with fast pace and went down to the wire. I think TCA won by 3, very fun to watch. I agree with your statement, TCA will be favored to win the state in their division. So tough down low. And if anyone is overlooking Gleason that would be a big mistake, they can play ! They are long and lanky and played fast which surprised me.Still had a starter or 2 that didn’t even play in that game. Also saw Trenton and Mckenzie play. Trenton is the fastest team I’ve seen all summer. If they could shoot outside they will be dangerous. Mckenzie is big, I look for them to have a good year. I think they will give Huntingdon all they want in that district but Hunt still the favorite. I’m looking forward to seeing them play with the new coach. Greenfield and Loretto are my pics to be in the Championship. With the transfer Greenfield got from Dresden that gives them enough depth to be the favorite.

5 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

But don’t feel to bad they beat Greenfield- Nashville East - Briercrest - Shelbyville  too 

4 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Dresden's PG and post can play!!!! They will be a factor for sure.

Good to know Gleason playing fast. They played us slow, slow last year. Gleason and Dresden both will be good as will UC. GC was undefeated with their PG in AAU and lost her first day of summer camp. We have beat Covington. Batesville AR (defending 4 A Champs in AR) who beat Greenfield and Martin, and Memphis Business without our PG but have struggled a ton since she got hurt. Summertown obviously tough and was last year just went through some stretches we are going through this summer with TO's. GC JV beat Riverdale JV this week in which I am super happy with the future of GC. Clarkrange, Greenfield and Loretto super tough. Single A will be a monster again this year.

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Good to know Gleason playing fast. They played us slow, slow last year. Gleason and Dresden both will be good as will UC. GC was undefeated with their PG in AAU and lost her first day of summer camp. We have beat Covington. Batesville AR (defending 4 A Champs in AR) who beat Greenfield and Martin, and Memphis Business without our PG but have struggled a ton since she got hurt. Summertown obviously tough and was last year just went through some stretches we are going through this summer with TO's. GC JV beat Riverdale JV this week in which I am super happy with the future of GC. Clarkrange, Greenfield and Loretto super tough. Single A will be a monster again this year.

Better watch out for Dresden.. Great offensive team, will surprise. Winn has developed into a good mobile post. Childress and Washburn are quality players plus the Lady Lions have some good depth this season. They dismantled a good Crocket Co team at the Bethel camp. Mckenzie looked impressive beating a good Southside squad. District 11 going to be competitive this year for the first time in a while.

4 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Better watch out for Dresden.. Great offensive team, will surprise. Winn has developed into a good mobile post. Childress and Washburn are quality players plus the Lady Lions have some good depth this season. They dismantled a good Crocket Co team at the Bethel camp. Mckenzie looked impressive beating a good Southside squad. District 11 going to be competitive this year for the first time in a while.

I thought Crockett County won that game with Dresden. Crockett County and SouthSide have fell way off with seniors graduating so it wasnt too impressive in my opinion. Dresden is going to have foul trouble. #1 would have fouled out early against CC if they counted the fouls during camps. Gleason looked good and are shooting the ball really well. They run 5 out really good. Huntingdon didnt look too good. Did they even win a game?

2 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

I thought Crockett County won that game with Dresden. Crockett County and SouthSide have fell way off with seniors graduating so it wasnt too impressive in my opinion. Dresden is going to have foul trouble. #1 would have fouled out early against CC if they counted the fouls during camps. Gleason looked good and are shooting the ball really well. They run 5 out really good. Huntingdon didnt look too good. Did they even win a game?

Dresden won by 6. Crocket Co has a solid 2a squad. Dresdens coach is in my opinion is the best offensive coach around. Huntingdon is having growing pains with their new coach. They've never played ball like this before. Fillies have played pretty well up to the Bethel camp where they couldn't throw throw it in the ocean. Got a lot of confidence in new coach. We'll be tough by Christmas. Play a very tough schedule especially early.

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Dresden won by 6. Crocket Co has a solid 2a squad. Dresdens coach is in my opinion is the best offensive coach around. Huntingdon is having growing pains with their new coach. They've never played ball like this before. Fillies have played pretty well up to the Bethel camp where they couldn't throw throw it in the ocean. Got a lot of confidence in new coach. We'll be tough by Christmas. Play a very tough schedule especially early.

Huntingdon will be fine. Trust me. He is like his dad in the summer. Building depth. Probably could care less if he wins the game. Will be the same Final Four in the region as last year, IMO. Going to be a fun year this year. Lots of good teams. Dresden with Childress and Wynn will be extremely dangerous. Crockett County is playing like us now. Trying to mix and match. Play one game beat a great team by 20 and lose to a great team by 20. 

Edited by pioneer42

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Saw Peabody for the first time today. Totally destroyed Union City! Was never a ball game! Over 20pts.  One of the quickest/fastest teams I’ve seen over the last several years at Peabody, and Peabody has had some speed the last several years! Never allowed UC to get comfortable, Shot the ball well today also from 2 games I saw. Very impressed with them this early on. Couple UC people did say they played GC to a tie the other day but It’s summer, so we all know how far wins and losses in summer and scores go. Heard Peabody has been about like everyone else up and down this summer, but if they play like they did today they will be very good come district time! 

30 minutes ago, BABABA said:

Saw Peabody for the first time today. Totally destroyed Union City! Was never a ball game! Over 20pts.  One of the quickest/fastest teams I’ve seen over the last several years at Peabody, and Peabody has had some speed the last several years! Never allowed UC to get comfortable, Shot the ball well today also from 2 games I saw. Very impressed with them this early on. Couple UC people did say they played GC to a tie the other day but It’s summer, so we all know how far wins and losses in summer and scores go. Heard Peabody has been about like everyone else up and down this summer, but if they play like they did today they will be very good come district time! 

I seen Peabody at UT Martin. They are very quick. UC is a good team especially when they play us. Everybody else beats them by 20 or 30 and we have had trouble with them for years. We did tie UC and that was after beating Batesville, AR by 22 who had won the 4 A state last year and just had got through beating Greenfield and Martin. Never know about summer though. Peabody will have GC's full attention no doubt and could definitely cause us major problems with their quickness. They are South Side quick for sure!! They seem to shoot it better this year too. Whoever plays them will have to have their A game for sure.

Edited by pioneer42

On 6/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, dmm88 said:

Teams that impressed me this summer (That I saw)

Peabody

Gleason

Westview obviously

TCA

Huntingdon

Dresden

Crockett County

South Side (very encouraged about the future)

USJ

Greenfield will be the toughest out for anyone I would imagine in West TN as well as TCA in the private sector. Clarkrange and Loretto will be the toughest across the river. If healthy GC will be tough in February as will Summertown, Trenton, Huntingdon, Memphis Business, Gleason, Dresden, UC, Clay County, Pickett Co., Eagleville, Oneida. To me, the player I seen that impressed me a ton in West TN as she did last year is Childress from Dresden. I think they could be a handful for Greenfield. I hadn't seen Gleason play.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2019 at 7:34 PM, gogold said:

Now that we are back in school, any new changes to coaching staffs or players moving to other schools?  It won't be long until we are back on the hard court.  Our Lady Mustangs had good camps and AAU experience.  

Getting closer. I pray for all schools for the safety of these players and students. Other than the Dresden player going to Greenfield that is all I know. Single A will be a monster in West TN again this year. Peabody, GC, Dresden, UC, Greenfield, Gleason, Bradford.....Throw in Hillcrest, Memphis Business Academy or Booker T and that is a state tournament in itself. The Huntingdon, McKenzie, Loretto, and Summertown region will be a war as well.

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2019 at 9:38 PM, IMDog said:

According to what I'm hearing from up on the mountain (Cloudland) should be able to make some noise for the next couple of years,been told they have the most talented team that they have had in a while

i agree with imdog landers should win region by 20 pts a night won state with this group should be a final 4 team easily mayby more