Never too early...Who Wins Class A 2019-20 and why?

gogold

1. Greenfield

2.  Loretto

everyone else is a distant third.  If anyone else wants to compete in this race, you HAVE to step up your guard play or pray these 2 get in major foul trouble.  Greenfield just throttled a great tca team loaded with good guards and excellent post players.  And I mean throttled on a neutral court!

12 hours ago, BullShark said:

1. Greenfield

2.  Loretto

everyone else is a distant third.  If anyone else wants to compete in this race, you HAVE to step up your guard play or pray these 2 get in major foul trouble.  Greenfield just throttled a great tca team loaded with good guards and excellent post players.  And I mean throttled on a neutral court!

Greenfield v. Loretto.....neutral court (next Saturday 12/7 @ Westview, Martin, TN). Should be a good game, but I'm going with Greenfield. If you're an out of the area supporter/fan of 1A ball, make the trip to Martin and watch this game. Westview has nice facilities as well. 

Updated Top 10

1. Greenfield (4-0) - destroying everything in front of them so far, gets Loretto this weekend

2. Loretto (4-0) - has not been challenged yet, gets Greenfield this weekend

3. Clarkrange (3-1) - handled Oneida easily last week

4. Pickett Co (5-0) - solid week going 3-0, including blowout over Oneida

5. North Greene (4-0) - took the week off

6. Gibson County (3-2) - tough week; Greenfield game was not close; close loss to Jackson South Side; lot of potential

7. Summertown (2-2) - one point loss to Jackson South Side but solid win over Dyersburg

8. Union City (3-0) - still undefeated, still haven't played a quality opponent

9. Cloudland (3-1) - won only game last week against Happy Valley

10. Gleason (4-1) - rebounded nicely after being blown out by Loretto; play Covington this week

Others to watch: Whitwell, Tellico Plains, Huntingdon, Oneida

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maddams said:

Updated Top 10

1. Greenfield (4-0) - destroying everything in front of them so far, gets Loretto this weekend

6. Gibson County (3-2) - tough week; Greenfield game was not close; close loss to Jackson South Side; lot of potential

7. Summertown (2-2) - one point loss to Jackson South Side but solid win over Dyersburg

10. Gleason (4-1) - rebounded nicely after being blown out by Loretto; play Covington this week

I am missing what you're seeing with Union City...... Jada is good, but what else....

2 hours ago, maddams said:

Updated Top 10

Think GC and Summertown are neck and neck. Watched both play South Side. Both will be a handful late. Greenfield will beat Loretto in a revenge game.

1 minute ago, maddams said:

Union City has blown out three bad teams.  They may or may not be very good.  They have one player who is pretty dang good.  Their schedule shows them playing Westview and Covington this week, so we'll know more soon.  They may be out of the rankings completely next week

I didn't know if they had something that I didn't know about. I would say that Gleason and Dresden, from this area, are both better than Union City. Jada is good enough to keep them in a lot of games, and they supposedly have a freshman who is scoring points for them. If they can beat Covington or Westview, it'll be a big win for them. Westview and Covington should both beat them by 15+.

41 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

I didn't know if they had something that I didn't know about. I would say that Gleason and Dresden, from this area, are both better than Union City. Jada is good enough to keep them in a lot of games, and they supposedly have a freshman who is scoring points for them. If they can beat Covington or Westview, it'll be a big win for them. Westview and Covington should both beat them by 15+.

We played them this summer and we played a lot of our B team and we actually tied them but we didn't play starters 1/2 game. They have talent and always have but can they start playing more as a team and get some chemistry together? Going to be interesting to see who wins the 2nd spot behind Greenfield. They have always to me pass the he test but seems like something is missing after the game. 

Loretto girls have a big task this weekend.  They open up with a East Hickman team that's 6 - 0  and then catch the Greenfield girls, that may be the states top single A team.  I like the fact Loretto is not ducking the competition early on in the season.  I'm sure after a 3 hour drive we will walk into a packed house of Greenfield fans with payback on their minds.  It will be a great atmosphere for our team to learn some good lessons in.  I'm looking forward to watching it and hope Loretto fans will come up to support the team.  Good luck Lady Mustangs !!!